Husky 575xp vs 570

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:angrysoapbox:

Okay then what? I am not going with a stihl. There is one dealer in town and a giant ass to boot. The Dolmar dealer is a pushy ass... So its a Husky or Echo.

Then get the 372 well worth the money and will get you out of the woods faster than you would believe. It will handle everything you have mentioned in this thread.:clap:

GO ECHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT!!!!
Find another dealer!! Find two other dealers!! Dude for real!!

Husky 372. Dolmar 7900, Stihl 460. You wont outgrow any of them.
Go big, or go home. If you think the 455 is all that (I can build a 350 that will eat them by the dozen BTW), sounds like you might need to go home.

Listen to what I say... It does its job, cut firewood. I am okay with my 455. I am looking to upgrade to a bigger saw. I dont care if a built up 350 can leave it in the dust. My needs are very simple. To have pro grade saw that will last very long time and run a longer bar then on my 455. I am going to keep my new saw stock other then bar and chain. I am not racing it or cut down monster trees in the pnw. As for the dealers, there is one dolmar and stihl dealer with in 100 miles. I want to buy local so thats it. If I had a local solo dealer, then thats the route I would go. I am not going to buy from a dealer that wants to #### around with their customer just because they are only dealer in reasonable driving distance. :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

I had a 455 and regardless of what others say I felt it was a decent saw. No its not a pro saw but so what? If it does what you need it to do and is reliable then great. I would recommend a 372 over the 575 only because the 575 has a poor reputation and the 372 has an excellent reputation. Plus I have a 372 :) and I'm happy with it. If you're going to shell out the bucks you don't want to take a chance on a lemon. Stay with Husky if you're happy with the local Husky dealer.

I run a 28 bar, 8 pin sprocket, and full chisel full skip chain on my 575. Works really well. It's a smoother saw to run compared to my 372 and all my Stihls. I use it allot, it works for me.
Better than the stihls? Well i'll be darned!! Imagine that. lol

I had a 455 and regardless of what others say I felt it was a decent saw. No its not a pro saw but so what? If it does what you need it to do and is reliable then great. I would recommend a 372 over the 575 only because the 575 has a poor reputation and the 372 has an excellent reputation. Plus I have a 372 :) and I'm happy with it. If you're going to shell out the bucks you don't want to take a chance on a lemon. Stay with Husky if you're happy with the local Husky dealer.

Thanks for the words. I am going to take a look at the 372xp.

Good Night, 4 am comes way to quick! LOL

Yes, have a look at the 372. Or a 2171 if you have a Johnny dealer.
With a 32" bar I think a 385 or 2186 would be happier though. With skip chain, sure no problem. But with full comp I would go with a 385 if you really need that 32" all the time.

Okay so if there is NO love for a 575xp or 570, then how about a echo cs-8000? My local dealer can get me the power head for about $800.00 or so.... I am just looking to get a saw that I will not out grow...

Lots of people actually like the 575xp, despite all the bashing it gets - it is just that when the 372xp still is around, and the improved 576xp is just around the corner, the 575xp doesn't look like a good choise.

Why do I see two different Hp numbers for the 575xp? a lot of ad's spec. it at 5.4hp while the husky site sets it at 5.8? did the earlier models have 5.4 and the current have 5.8? just curious.

Why do I see two different Hp numbers for the 575xp? a lot of ad's spec. it at 5.4hp while the husky site sets it at 5.8? did the earlier models have 5.4 and the current have 5.8? just curious.

5.8 hp should be for the 576 XP (or previously called NE575XP).
Should be worth waiting for. Must be available any day now. Probably the best saw you can buy if you wait just a bit. If you are into modding, I'd buy the 372.

5.8 hp should be for the 576 XP (or previously called NE575XP). ...

The US 2008 catalog says 4.3kW/5.8hp - but elsewhere the numbers I have seen for the new one is 4.2kW/5.7hp.......

Edit; I looked up the user manual - it says 4.2kW at 9600 rpm.

Last edited:
Listen to what I say... It does its job, cut firewood. I am okay with my 455. I am looking to upgrade to a bigger saw. I dont care if a built up 350 can leave it in the dust. My needs are very simple. To have pro grade saw that will last very long time and run a longer bar then on my 455. I am going to keep my new saw stock other then bar and chain. I am not racing it or cut down monster trees in the pnw. As for the dealers, there is one dolmar and stihl dealer with in 100 miles. I want to buy local so thats it. If I had a local solo dealer, then thats the route I would go. I am not going to buy from a dealer that wants to #### around with their customer just because they are only dealer in reasonable driving distance. :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Sorry about that, I got a little excited when you mentioned Echo:cheers:
The 455 wil be fine for a back up saw. And trust me, when you run a good pro saw, thats all it wil be! My hatred for the 455 comes due to it being .2hp and 1.2lbs more than the 350, and a LOT more money. But free is free, so I need to GTFOI :greenchainsaw:
The 575 has been plauged with problems. The people that love them will fight you in a death match to prove the worth of that saw!!! Fortunatly there are not many of them. Most had bearing issues, or carb issues, or the damn things just wouldn't stay running more than a week. Either you get a good one, or you are misserable. I don't like playing the lottery for that much money!
And I don't think the saw handles that well myself. It's liste lighter than an ms 390, but the Stihl "Feels" lighter and balanced better to me.
If the 372 is not an option, I would HIGHLY recomend looking at the larger Husky saws then. I know a 385 or better 390 is more saw than you think you need, but I always suggest going one size larger than what you think you need.
I always thought the MS390 with a 25" bar would cut anything I ever would need to cut!! I even swore to the wife it was the end all beat all for my needs!!! Three months latter the box with my big bore woods ported 046 showed up:monkey:
Handle the saws, seems like the Husky dealer is the ticket, GO ECHO! if you really think thats the way, but unless you are all but stealing that saw, and even then, I don't think you will be all that happy. They tend to be over rated by a fair margine.

Sorry about that, I got a little excited when you mentioned Echo:cheers:
The 455 wil be fine for a back up saw. And trust me, when you run a good pro saw, thats all it wil be! My hatred for the 455 comes due to it being .2hp and 1.2lbs more than the 350, and a LOT more money. But free is free, so I need to GTFOI :greenchainsaw:
The 575 has been plauged with problems. The people that love them will fight you in a death match to prove the worth of that saw!!! Fortunatly there are not many of them. Most had bearing issues, or carb issues, or the damn things just wouldn't stay running more than a week. Either you get a good one, or you are misserable. I don't like playing the lottery for that much money!
And I don't think the saw handles that well myself. It's liste lighter than an ms 390, but the Stihl "Feels" lighter and balanced better to me.
If the 372 is not an option, I would HIGHLY recomend looking at the larger Husky saws then. I know a 385 or better 390 is more saw than you think you need, but I always suggest going one size larger than what you think you need.
I always thought the MS390 with a 25" bar would cut anything I ever would need to cut!! I even swore to the wife it was the end all beat all for my needs!!! Three months latter the box with my big bore woods ported 046 showed up:monkey:
Handle the saws, seems like the Husky dealer is the ticket, GO ECHO! if you really think thats the way, but unless you are all but stealing that saw, and even then, I don't think you will be all that happy. They tend to be over rated by a fair margine.

Thanks for the input and I open to getting a saw other then 575xp or a 570. When cutting with my 455 weight isnt a issue, the length of the bar is the problem. I spend way too much time bent over limbing and bucking logs. When you factor in loading, plus neatly stacking logs in p/u bed and finally unloading. My back is killing me. I handled a 570 at the local dealer with 28" bar it is pretty close what in need in length. I figure adding on about 4' to deal with cutting on slope or hill will help greatly with my back. :cheers:

I just got another one too, I e-mailed husky to ask them, and they said
"current models have 5.5Hp. Sorry for the mis-print."
Straight from the husky's mouth.

Okay so if there is NO love for a 575xp or 570, then how about a echo cs-8000? My local dealer can get me the power head for about $800.00 or so.... I am just looking to get a saw that I will not out grow...

I haven't read all the post so I may have missed some points.
If your going to buy a saw to impress the people on this site than you better have deep pockets. Truth is no matter what you get your going to find someone on here that doesn't approve of you choice.
So why bother? Just get what you want and don't look back.
I know guys that use the 455 and are very happy with them and I also know guys who use the 575 and are quite happy also. In the end as long as your happy then you made the right choice.
I agree with you choice of not buying a saw from a bad dealer. I rather have my 2nd choice of brands and my 1st choice of dealership than vice versa.

All that being said. I've always thought the 575 was a anchor. I pick up a 385 and a 575 and really couldn't tell much of a difference.
Remember that a 32 inch bar is heavy and will throw you balance off, so a heavier saw is need to counter balance the package. With a 32 bar I would want a 90cc, but that's just my opinion.

If I was you I would go with a 372xp and 24 inch bar or a 385xp and 28 inch bar, but mostly for balance. If you go with either of the saws you mentioned than I don't think I'd go over a 28 inch bar again for balance reason. 28 will reach the ground well enough. 32 will be hard to keep out of the ground when your carrying it.

Good luck with what ever you chose.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the post so I may have missed some points.
If your going to buy a saw to impress the people on this site than you better have deep pockets. Truth is no matter what you get your going to find someone on here that doesn't approve of you choice.
So why bother? Just get what you want and don't look back.
I know guys that use the 455 and are very happy with them and I also know guys who use the 575 and are quite happy also. In the end as long as your happy then you made the right choice.
I agree with you choice of not buying a saw from a bad dealer. I rather have my 2nd choice of brands and my 1st choice of dealership than vice versa.

All that being said. I've always thought the 575 was a anchor. I pick up a 385 and a 575 and really couldn't tell much of a difference.
Remember that a 32 inch bar is heavy and will throw you balance off, so a heavier saw is need to counter balance the package. With a 32 bar I would want a 90cc, but that's my opinion.

If I was you I would go with a 372xp and 24 inch bar or a 385xp and 28 inch bar, but mostly for balance. If you go with either of the saws you mentioned than I don't think I'd go over a 28 inch bar again for balance reason. 28 will reach the ground well enough. 32 will be hard to keep out of the ground when your carrying it.

Good luck with what ever you chose.

I hear what your saying about balance and impressing people... My post was not to impress anyone, just float ideas. I am learning more about saws everyday I read about them and have got great ideas off this site. You said the 28" would reach the ground fine, but what would the balance be with a laser tip bar? I am not a huge fan of sprocket tip bars. The conditions that cut in eat them quickly!

I hear what your saying about balance and impressing people... My post was not to impress anyone, just float ideas. I am learning more about saws everyday I read about them and have got great ideas off this site. You said the 28" would reach the ground fine, but what would the balance be with a laser tip bar? I am not a huge fan of sprocket tip bars. The conditions that cut in eat them quickly!

I'm guesssing the laser tip is more or less a hard nose. I really can't see it being much of a differance in weight than a roller.

I have an 066 with a 36" bar and a 395xp with a 28" bar and I can handle the 395xp all day and not bother me, but after an hour or so I really start to feel it with the 066.

But remember it's just my opinion. You might love a 32" bar on a smaller saw.

If you are using the stock 455 bar for comparison on wear, don't!! The stock Husky bars SUCK!! I'm not all that fond of the Oreagon bars, but it's an improvment. I have had great luck with the GB titanium bars. BUT the prices have shot up and I am hearing the quality is getting iffy on them even.
I don't think a hardnose bar is the answer, I cut in sandy soil mainly as well, I've never had a tip wear out, I always eat the bar up.
I'm 6'1" tall and a 25" bar and I am not bending over that much! Might be time to build a saw buck?
Really, I am not trying to be mean, but if you're back hurts that much, lugging a 575 with a 32" bar might not be much better!

I like my 575, I have ran 272 and 372. They're all good saws.
I like the new techy low emissions good for the environment EPA2 saws. I run a 28" on mine most of the time, but right now it has a 32 and it does fine in softwoods.
The only thing I don't like about my 575 is that its cold blooded.

Back