Husky 61 value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twstm

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
OK...I'm a noob here so be gentle! I need to know what the value of a Husyky 61, it's at least 5 years old with moderate use. Included with the saw is the case and 5 extra chains. The seller wants $225....seems a little high to me....but what do I know!
I am thinking I should just buy a new saw inthe $400 dollar range, any suggestions?:popcorn:

Welcome to the site, I have ran 266XP saws for thousands of hours, which are just a pro model 61, sharing many parts. Kind of like the dif. between a 372XP and a 365. Good saw, super reliable, tough, probably last a weekend warrior/firewood guy for years. You cannot by a new Husky that will be as good for $400, in displacement or quality.

Wow... you could get a 575XP at Bailey's and put $90 back in your pocket. That guy is smokin some good stuff, must be pricey. ROFL

I bought a Husqvarna 61 a few months ago for $250, with two new chains and hardnose bar. The saw shop had got it in on a trade and he tuned it up checked it out and guaranteed it to be a good saw. So far it has been a very strong saw. I've been using it to fell some red oaks, and on my mill. I'd recommend it.

Husqvarna 61

I have one that I purchased back in September of 1986. It has given great service and has never failed to start. I'm not a pro, but I have cut a fair amount of wood with it over the last 20 years. If the saw you are considering is solid, it would give you many years of service, in my opinion.

I'll take a look...

Going to look at it in the morning.....Now he says it needs a new bar...

Punt!

:help: Decided to punt on the Husky 61, it needed a new bar and the seller was stuck on getting $225. Now I'm looking at a Husky 353 or 359, Stihl MS 260 Pro. Would like to look at a Dolmar 5100, but there are no dealers close by. I have a Stihl dealer 5 miles away and two Husky dealers, one 6 miles away, the other 10 miles.

Husqvarna model 61

The Husqvarna model 61 is one of the best saws ever made. That is why there are so many still out there. They are what the models 66, 266, 268 and 272 are based on. And many models (example 281, 288 ..etc..and including the 3120) after that are just a model 61 in a larger version. Truly a great saw.

i'm getting a well cared for husky 61 today!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

has a 20" bar, has seen infrequent use on a city home lot, has been stored properly and fire up once in awhile. Owner is clearing out his basement and was selling it for a very good price.

husky61.jpg

Sierraazul said:
The Husqvarna model 61 is one of the best saws ever made. That is why there are so many still out there. They are what the models 66, 266, 268 and 272 are based on. And many models (example 281, 288 ..etc..and including the 3120) after that are just a model 61 in a larger version. Truly a great saw.
Not quite, the 61 is a "simplified" 162se, and has little power for its size and weight.

A new 359 would be a better choise - same power, less weight, and a more modern design.

The 61 Rancher has even less power.

Latest posts

Back