Husky confusion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MS260 is a fine saw, and non-US spec is more powerful, so lessens the difference with the NE346XP. Have you experimented with chain pitch, gauge, and bar length on the MS260?

The 45cc original 346XP is more of a screamer than the NE, and the 242XP even more so.:chainsaw: They might be down in power a bit, but for limbing, that really isn't an issue.

I'll admit that I do find the bright, shiny, orange 346XP a thing of beauty!:heart:

Buy what YOU like.:cheers:

:agree2: - but the 3.5hp 260 usually is out-cut by the 3.3 hp 353 - max hp is far from the complete story.

Also, the difference between the NE346xp and the 353 seems larger than the specs indicate......

The 346xp is "only" 40% more money than the 260 pro here (when "on campaign" - always is at my dealer), and well worth the difference.

Last edited:
Hey WOOdieviking next time you wanna buy a saw take a look at sweden!
You can save at least 30 % due to their rate on the svkr compared to the Danish Kr.:jawdrop:
I just saved 4000 kr on a ms 660w that i bought in Malmoe.

I sure will

Thanks Janjac - I will def. take a look at the swedish prices before I invest the next time:cheers:

346 all the way.

Import 2 NE346XPs @ $700 each and then sell one there for about $1400 and you end up with one virtually free!! Enjoy the new 346XP!!!!!

AL :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:
Import 2 NE346XPs @ $700 each and then sell one there for about $1400 and you end up with one virtually free!! Enjoy the new 346XP!!!!!

AL :cheers: :cheers:

LOL - I don't think I can sell a saw as a private for the full price - but the idea isn't that bad though:biggrinbounce2:

2000ssm6 - prices

Just for the fun of it I looked up the prices. Actually the US$ has increased considerably compared to the danish kroner during the last couple of weeks. The 441 MSRP is 8495 dkr. Because of the increase it is approx. 1440US$.

The 460 and the 372 is getting very hard to find over here. The price of the two will be about identical to the price of the 441.

Generally huskies are a bit more expensive than the stihls over here - depending on the model. . For some reason especially the 346 is a bit steep:chainsaw:

Back