Husky, johny red split

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshua mason

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My local Jonsered dealer told me that Husqvarna and Johnsered would be splitting sometime next year. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

That seems highly unlikely. Jred has no manufacturing facilities, no designs of their own, and brand recognition that is marginal at best in most areas. Husky may well rid itself of Jred soon, but unfortunately it will likely be by discontinuing the brand.

That seems highly unlikely. Jred has no manufacturing facilities, no designs of their own, and brand recognition that is marginal at best in most areas. Husky may well rid itself of Jred soon, but unfortunately it will likely be by discontinuing the brand.

Yes, it is a long time since Jred actually have made any saws, Husky has been making all the better ones since around 1990.

Tiltons going to start selling Total Super Saws? Probably be Efcos or better yet, Total Super Saws powered by Blue Streak Power Horse EarthQuakes.

It is a house brand, like Craftsman, if Tiltons and Husqvarna stop playing nice together then it goes away. Husqvarna probably would not even notice the missing sales on power heads if they picked another large vendor.

I could see Tiltons having some issues these days, they have all but disappeared in the saw market around me.

Yes, it is a long time since Jred actually have made any saws, Husky has been making all the better ones since around 1990.

he was trying to tell me they were jonsered designs. i didnt know if he knew what he was talking about or not so figured i would ask.

Tiltons going to start selling Total Super Saws? Probably be Efcos or better yet, Total Super Saws powered by Blue Streak Power Horse EarthQuakes.

It is a house brand, like Craftsman, if Tiltons and Husqvarna stop playing nice together then it goes away. Husqvarna probably would not even notice the missing sales on power heads if they picked another large vendor.

dont know if you are joking or not but he did say something about tilton having something to do with jonsered and not happy with husqvarna, and tilton was cutting ties with husqvarna. like i said he may not have a clue what he is talking about.

Husky doing away with the brand all together may be more accurate. I was at my local Stihl, Jred dealer the other day and noticed that he only had one Jred on the shelf. I asked what was up with that and he told me that he was giving them up because they weren't selling anymore. If this is a world wide trend I can see Husky cutting their loses and discontinuing the brand.

dont know if you are joking or not but he did say something about tilton having something to do with jonsered and not happy with husqvarna, and tilton was cutting ties with husqvarna. like i said he may not have a clue what he is talking about.

Tilton's is the distributor for Jonsered which is a brand of saw manufactured by Husqvarna. Husqvarna branded products are distributed by a different company. Tilton's has lost a few dealers lately because of some different dealerships requirements.

In a nut shell, carry more product or go away. A few seem to have gone away. Supposedly Tilton's has to purchase a certain amount of product from Husqvarna, what that product is and how many units at what cost supposedly changed. Tilton's simply passed the change down to the dealers as one would expect.

There might be many Jonsered dealers that would not have noticed the change but I have met a few that did.

Last edited:
In some markets Jonsered outsells Husqvarna, they will not do away with the "brand".
When the big E did its vast brand aquisitions, many got simply re-branded and others just disapperared.

The day when Jonsered disappears as does Husqvarna.

I order my Jonsered product directly from Husqvarna, not Tilton or a distributor.

Last edited:
you cant buy new Jred's in Australia any more ...might be able to find a old shelf model that hasn't sold yet ??? you can still get parts for a Jred from a husky dealer at the moment apparently ....just no dealers are selling Jreds anymore In OZ

you cant buy new Jred's in Australia any more ...might be able to find a old shelf model that hasn't sold yet ??? you can still get parts for a Jred from a husky dealer at the moment apparently ....just no dealers are selling Jreds anymore In OZ[/QUOTE

Interesting, seems as though they are making some changes. I sure hope jonny red isnt dropped all together.

you cant buy new Jred's in Australia any more ...might be able to find a old shelf model that hasn't sold yet ??? you can still get parts for a Jred from a husky dealer at the moment apparently ....just no dealers are selling Jreds anymore In OZ

Can you get a black straight handle from the Husqvarna dealer if that dealer does not sell Jonsered and vice versa?

Latest posts

Back