Husky, johny red split

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get a black straight handle from the Husqvarna dealer if that dealer does not sell Jonsered and vice versa?
I am not shore bro, I know you can get sprockets and some parts that are interchangeable with Husky saws ..its possible that a husky dealer can still order jred parts in? ....according to the Aussie Jred site
www.jonsered.com/au/ they are saying : if your looking for Premium quality products ,we recommend the Husky site ...they might be saying buy a husky saw instead, I'm not shore ...but it also says they will continue to supply parts and service threw there service partners . there just not selling saws anymore in OZ anyways

I am not shore bro, I know you can get sprockets and some parts that are interchangeable with Husky saws ..its possible that a husky dealer can still order jred parts in? ....according to the Aussie Jred site
www.jonsered.com/au/ they are saying : if your looking for Premium quality products ,we recommend the Husky site ...they might be saying buy a husky saw instead, I'm not shore ...but it also says they will continue to supply parts and service threw there service partners . there just not selling saws anymore in OZ anyways

If I want a fancy black chain brake flag I have to go through a Jonsered dealer and they go through Tiltons. If I want a lame grey one that was molded at the wrong angle then I have to go to my new and improved Husqvarna dealer.

Could get both online and have in the past when the wait and the price was to much to source locally, however I try to spend the money where I live on the foriegn products that I by.

Any Husqvarna dealer in Canada can get you Jonsered parts, just not the other way around if its a pure orange part.

If one sells Husky, Jonsered, Poulan, McCulloch, Redmax' Ryobi, Craftsman etc........and keeps wondering why Stihl the number 1 in front of it, its purely because Husqvarna has over 5 brands that compete within themselves, Stihl only has itself.

my local jonsered dealer told me that husqvarna and johnsered would be splitting sometime next year. Has anyone else heard this rumor?
joshua mason, this just hearsay,the older brother runs huskey, and the other younger brother runs jonsreds,fact or fiction.i will find out on here. This site will an i like it if i dont kno something,they will help,wont let u drown.this is why i am a repeat offender,here

Couple years ago the Tilton rep threatened to pull Jred from my local dealer if they did not buy and hold more stock. They told him to kiss butt, and he backed down. Now the rumour told to the dealer, which he and I think is crap, is that Husky will go purely big box, homeowner, and use Jred for pro saw outlet.

It was a rumor years ago that tilton was going to do a deal with alpina.

Sweeeeeet, black and red 120 Supers, and a fascist parts ordering system that would be completely unorganized. Calenders would have been better though.

With the profitability issues, it is more likely they will discontinue the line, lots of benefits of doing it, less marketing dollars, less staffing, less R&D, less product support, it makes a lot of business sense to put all the emphasis on the premier brand. People don't realize all the expense of maintaing multiple lines, separate accounting. sales staff, distrobution, supply chain , it surely stem the margin bloodletting to some degree, in many markets they could just shift the dealer to Husky. I think it would be an excellent business decision, discounting the emotional ties some relate to the brand.

Jonsered discontinued?

I was talking to my friend a few days ago about the new husky 560xp. He's attending saw contest in the husqvarna team, and said that there are some guys that have changed to use husky 372 instead of their jred 2171/72 for a race saw, by the command of the importer, as they would be discontinuing jonsered production in near future.. Didn't pay much attention to that(before this thread), as I've heard same rumors before, like when 2055 was discontinued. Don't surely know if there's any truth in it, and hopefully not, but if so, I would hate to start using a saw with mistakenly formed/angled fronthandle! :msp_razz:

Jonsereds Fabrikers AB Died when Gunnar Gibson (great great grandson of William Gibson) left the board as the company as it was swallowed by E-lux in 1978. Jonsereds fabriker as it was is no more after this.
Last saws made independently was 410, 510 and 910. After these, name was changed to Jonsered and elux called the shots.
Same thing with two other known company's, Partner and Husqvarna.
These are now one under Husqvarna brand, still owned by same owners, run by same board.
Decision to name the outdoor division Husqvarna was made by Elux in 2005.

Tilton is one of two (perhaps three) Jonsered distributors in US. And as brand was bought up in Elux they hanged on and got the saws from them.

Future of the brand is shaky, they wanted to stop branding pro saws Jonsered for a long time.

It happened in the US auto industry. Remember Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saturn, Plymouth and Mercury. Former big names out of Detroit (except for Saturn). When it is no longer profitable a name brand is discontinued for the good of the parent company.

Jonsered products are pretty much nonexistent in my neck of the woods, same with Dolmar. I can honestly say that I have never seen either saw in a shop or in the wild. STIHL and Husky dominate the market here and seems like STIHL pretty much dominates Husky.

Latest posts

Back