Husky oil problem?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJohn

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Quick question for you husky guys. We have a brand new husky top handle climbing saw I guess a 335 maybe. Anyway it doesn't oil. Checked the screen in the oil tank and tha is fine, tried to adjust the oil screw and nothing. What could it be. Is there something that is common? What do I check next and what do I have to take apart to find it? Don't suggest takeing it back.

You would have to take the clutch off and check the oil pump drive gear. If the saw has been hung up and jerked on the oiler line could have been pulled off the fitting where it goes into the oil pump. You can fish the oil line out of the tank and blow through it and listen for air comming out between the drive case and the tank. If this is the problem you can take the two screw out of the mounts and pry it open with a screw drive and take a pair of long needle nose pliers and put it back on. Be careful not to tear a hole in the line.

Jon, I'm a die-hard Husky man, having owned and used everything else.

But...

Take that 335 POS and chuck it. You're better off sticking with an Echo-3400, or a Stihl 020. Maybe someday Husky will get the 335 right, but my money isn't funding their experimentation.

i was told the oil pump didn't work that was 5 years ago..would have thought it would have been sorted by now

Eric thanks for the advice. Yeah the saws not mine. It's just one that is laying on the bench and been there for quite some time like months. It is one we gave to one of the new mexican climbers. Its the only one we have that was a prize from a competition. I was messing around in the shop the other day but didn't want to get too involved. I just thought one the husky fans could point me in direction. I personaly have a month or two old ms 200. I can't say I am happy with it. From day one it sucked, I think the fuel was shipped with crack or pin hole in it. It seems loose its prime and runs out of fuel at an idle. At an idle it will lean out and rev and shut off. Then I have to choke it to start again. If I am quick I can feather it or pull the choke a bit to get it back. I been too lazy to tear into it. I guess I can't get over haveing to work on a brand new saw so I been dealing with it. I said something to boss/owner who works on the saws and he said what more can he do its brand new. So one day I will take it upon myself to fix it.

Well, dollar for dollar the best saw I've ever owned is my Echo 3400.

like you netree i am a husky man, but i have in the last few years bought a few dud husky saws.i have owned huskys from day 1 in this biz ..but i often think its time to try out a stihl..i bought a makita topping saw at a real silly price but it's not or nowhere as good as a ms200t but it was half the price new.

Originally posted by BigJohn
I personaly have a month or two old ms 200. [explanation of problem] I said something to boss/owner who works on the saws and he said what more can he do its brand new. So one day I will take it upon myself to fix it.
I'd bet the dealer you bought it from would make it work right for you, being new and all...

Glen

i think that saw uses a plastic worm gear and are known to melt when the clutch is slipped alot under load......crank tranfers alot of heat

Back