Husky T540 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have PM'ed with 'TrillPhil' several times today...very nice fellow..!!

I have also talked with Bailey's ...the source of TrillPhil's ordering the T540xp.

Bailey's will take an order for one and will ship when in stock...August likely the earliest date.

I will add to the T540 intrigue by adding there could be a surprise...but it is only speculation..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Dude I work at a husky/stihl dealership... and I haven't pm'ed you.

Call me a liar, fine. Say I said things when I haven't, #### you.

I just looked the prices up, that's all. When the 562came out, they were on ebay before we ever got one, it was last week when they arrived for us. And we'd had them on order for quite awhile... Which is why I asked who'd have one first...

Why would you say that..??

I have the PM's on my inbox..!!

Would you like me to publish them here..??

I've done nothing bad to you...even said you were a good fellow..!! What's with you..??

Your call..!!!!!
:cheers:
J2F

Other guy, I have no idea what you're referring to and while I enjoy a good argument, I'd rather not piss on my boots with a bad one.

Guys, what the heck is all this about???

Sure glad I didn't hold my breath for the January release :laugh:

They still have plenty of 338T's in stock even though they aren't shown on the current price list. (but I just ordered some more 2139T's because they are $50 cheaper. :msp_wink:)

They still have plenty of 338T's in stock even though they aren't shown on the current price list. (but I just ordered some more 2139T's because they are $50 cheaper. :msp_wink:)

I'm all set with the 338's, Hardly any top handle users around here except homeowners and they don't like the 5 bills attached to owning the saw for cutting the 4 branches that fall in their yard each year :msp_w00t:

i cant decide.

Hey Fishercat,

This mean you are not giving up tree work? Last I heard you were selling all your saws and gear.

I dont want to get out of it but im not doing it for free. Cant find anyone else around here serious enough to work with.

If i get what i want for all of it ill get out. If not it'll sit there until i get a side job now and then.

I waited for a T540 most of last year. Saw videos of it on youtube March 2011. Was told it would be in the US around June 2011. Never showed up so I purchased a 200T. It's still not here!

I settled for an echo and like it its just so slow...

I got the chance to run a T540XP a couple weeks ago. It wasn't a long run so I can't really say how it compares to a 200T/201T. It had the new Techlite laminated bar on it so it seemed to balance well. I was told they would be available in Canada in June but I have my doubts. We are still waiting on our 562XP's that were supposed to be available the beginning of the year.

so did anyone get there hands on the 540t yet?? they have anounced its release here in aus and we are normaly the last to get stuff although for some reason we got 562xps before alot of countrys.
would be good to get some feedback on this saw .
one of the things i noticed on the husky site is that it comes standard running 3/8 chain ?? sounds good to me

so did anyone get there hands on the 540t yet?? they have anounced its release here in aus and we are normaly the last to get stuff although for some reason we got 562xps before alot of countrys.
would be good to get some feedback on this saw .
one of the things i noticed on the husky site is that it comes standard running 3/8 chain ?? sounds good to me

I'll think you'll find that the 540T is fitted with 3/8"LP, not standard 3/8". It'd have big shoes to fill against a 200T but should do fine against a 201T, apart from maybe balance.

I'll think you'll find that the 540T is fitted with 3/8"LP, not standard 3/8". It'd have big shoes to fill against a 200T but should do fine against a 201T, apart from maybe balance.

I haven't really looked into it, but believe the balance is changed compared to the 338xpt etc.

I haven't really looked into it, but believe the balance is changed compared to the 338xpt etc.

I hope so Sawtroll. I mean I'm sure you can get used to it but picking up a 338XPT after using 200T's just felt, um, wierd :) Even a mate of mine who owns a 338XPT instantly liked the 200T's balance more than his Husky.

ahhh i see cheers mate ,hey what price would u be doing 100ft roll of 3/8 semi ?? are u in nsw or vic? cheers

Latest posts

Back