husky xp synthetic blend?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arborman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
anyone seen the husky xp synthetic blend yet? its in the gray bottle? was just wondering about it becuase they guy im working with picked up a 6 pack of it so were going to use it up before going back to mx2t i like the mobil myself but figure since he got it we may as well use it up . Thanks for any info...

Husky oil

I would stick to the mx2t it is the best synthetic oil out their. It has less smoke then amsoil and is inexpensive and readily available.

i got a bottle with my new 350 but the bottle is black with a gray lable

you mixing it at 40:1 Ben ? any idea who makes it , at the hardware store we found it at it was only a few cents more a 6 pack then the black bottle xp oil .. i think i will still go back to mobil mx2t either way.. my saws really seem to like it .

DanManofStihl said:
I would stick to the mx2t it is the best synthetic oil out their. It has less smoke then amsoil and is inexpensive and readily available.

Where else is it sold other than Autozone? I haven't seen it anywhere else

I thought the black bottles of husky mix were the syn blend and the grey were full synthetic???!!!

you mixing it at 40:1 Ben ? any idea who makes it ,
I am mixing it at 32:1 and I believe Spectrum makes it.
Has anyone else noticed the strong odor with this stuff?

www.avlube.com sells it and they are in OH so shipping to you would be slight.
I buy mine from my local Mobil distributor as its cheapest through them.

the black bottle says "XP.Premium superior performance formula" and dosn't say any thing about being synthetic:confused:

[/QUOTE]the black bottle says "XP.Premium superior performance formula" and dosn't say any thing about being synthetic[/CODE]
I dont think the black stuff is synthetic. The new XP oil in the silver bottle says partially synthetic.

Racing 2T Sources

The local Schuck's has Racing 2T so you might try any CSK store; Checker, Schuck's, or Kragen. I've also ordered Racing 2T through Napa by the case.

Guys; Husky changed their oils around last fall, and they did it in a way that causes some confusion. The regular oil in the white bottle is history. What used to be "XP premium" in the black bottle is now labeled "Low Smoke". The new synthetic blend is now gets the "XP" label. So, now we have the new "XP" and the old "XP"! I haven't a clue as to why they did this. IMO it would have made more sense to leave the original XP oil labeled as it was and come up with a new name for the new synthetic oil. I'm only selling the low smoke right now. I want to see how the synthetic does before I bring it in.

the black bottle says "XP.Premium superior performance formula" and dosn't say any thing about being synthetic[/CODE]
I dont think the black stuff is synthetic. The new XP oil in the silver bottle says partially synthetic.[/QUOTE]
thanks for clarin that up.

Mobil one

Freakingstang said:

I thought the black bottles of husky mix were the syn blend and the grey were full synthetic???!!![/QUOTE

In Virginia they have Mobil one Mx2t at car quest, advance auto parts, and Napa. That is the only oil we run in our trimmers and blowers.

Back