Husqvarana bar on Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rice701

Reaction score
I recently ordered an oregon 42" bar for my stihl off of amazon which was supplied by bailey's. The sent me the 42" bar for the husqavarna. My issue is that i already drilled the nose of the bar for my chainsaw mill before realizing that it did not fit my saw. And i dont really have a problem calling up bailey's and asking them to replace it even though i drilled the nose, the other issue is the $20 carbide bit literally broke right as a finished going through the bearing steel, so i would have to order a new drill bit also and i dont want to do that.

So my question is, can i just mill the slot bigger to fit the mounting bolts on my saw or is there more to it than that? The oil holes look like they line up close enough, they are only about 1/32" of and inch difference in location. The slot length is way longer on the husquvarna but i dont really see this as an issue. My main two concerns are

1). The bar is wider than the stock stihl bar right at the beginning of the bar where the chain starts to ride onto the bar. This appears that it will still work though because on my stock stihl bar, the chain does not even ride on at the base of the bar, it rides on about a half inch up from the base. It looks like the chain will also ride onto about 1/4" up from the base of the oregon bar, but i am not positive.

2). With the chain tensioner bolt as loose as it can go, the bar would hit the sprocket. I dont see this as a problem because i would never have the chain tensioning bolt as loose as it could go while the saw is running. Please let me know if i am wrong.

Has anyone successfully modified a husqvarna bar to work on a stihl?

Thanks
Andrew

Last edited:
I think you can change the studs out that is same thread and all going in but after the seat they're narrower for the Husky like 14mm to 9mm....I said I think you can just not 100% sure.

Back