Husqvarna 162, 2x 266, 268 Frankensaw Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a newer cover for the 266! Looks pretty good now!

f4ef1d059e9c859cc45a36ba464fc69c.jpg
be5d3ca56f044e5265bbfcdf05b32e32.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have put several tanks through all 3 of these saws this fall. Other than the 162 oiling too slow all are very solid. I am happy i spent the time on them.

I turned a 61 into a 268 with Huztl parts and worked out well. My only issue with it is the oil tank seems to empty itself when sitting. Any suggestions
In my experience that is normal for several of my saws. I got a roll of pig mat to keep the shelves from being a big mess but stopped caring about the leaking saws. Oh and make sure you have good sticky oil, that seems to help some.

Have you adjusted the oiler on the 162? It has a 4 position adjustment on the top right of the oil pump housing. These husqvarna oilers generally work very well, but they are prone to stripping the plastic pump gear and you need to experiment with the position of the adjustment.

I did turn it to 4, however I too was thinking about that gear. I should probably just pull it apart down to that gear and check it. I don't really want to pull the oiler because of the crank seal but if it is that gear that would be pretty simple. If I recall one of the four gears looked different. Maybe I put the odd one in there and it is the culprit, I will have to check that.

The four arms on the gear should be the same. If the threads are not meshing properly you can easily strip the plastic gear thread.

Picked up this 268 a couple months ago locally then got the 272 recoil from a fellow AS member. Put it together, no spark. Cleaned a Dixie cup worth of crud from around the flywheel and reset the coil with a business card and we’ve got bright blue spark. Need to clean the work bench tomorrow and find the muffler and see if we’ve got a runner. The piston is perfect and has lots of compression.

29D2B2ED-82FA-4AC8-9611-CB1B87F93055.jpeg

Got the saw running today. Runs great!! Just need a new chain tensioner bolt and kill switch.

One question. The plastic disc behind the rim/over the oil pump cover is sorta loose and spins. Is this supposed to spin or stay stationary?

3A9B18B5-7BF4-4FBD-9356-A4CBE2E80127.jpeg

I am not sure how it is supposed to be new but those are loose on mine too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back