Husqvarna 2100 ..... Can A Chain Brake Be Added ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducttape go to the 2101 top muscle thread. Read up, and buy the saw dude before somebody else doe's. Worry about the chain brake later small potatoe's. Buy the saw I never looked back since I got mine. Bar none one of the best of the best.

This must be the 2100 listed in town of Tilton in NH craigslist for $350.00. If you want it, decide fast because some one on here may beat you to it!

Yes...... that is the saw.

The ad has been up for a week, so apparently there is not a line of people beating a path to his door. I did call him back and offer $300....... and he declined.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be for me. :dunno:

Yes...... that is the saw.

The ad has been up for a week, so apparently there is not a line of people beating a path to his door. I did call him back and offer $300....... and he declined.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be for me. :dunno:

I hope you left him your number. If he has to sit on it for another week or two, he may decide to drop the $50 and take your offer....

I'm sure it came up on his caller ID on his cell phone. I'd still be interested at three beans, but 350 was past my breaking point for that particular saw.

Even for $350.00 that is a dang good deal for a "good" 2100. Even today there are very few new saws that could keep up with it in good size wood. Back in the day if it wasn't the number one falling saw here in the PNW, it was a close second to whatever was!

Take an aussies advice and quickly rethink, go and make sure the bore is ok ( ask to remove the muffler and inspect) then give him the money. those guys are correct, someone else will buy for that price and you will loose an opertunity to aquire something worth haveing.

I'm sure it came up on his caller ID on his cell phone. I'd still be interested at three beans, but 350 was past my breaking point for that particular saw.

Brother's of the 2100 following, I couldn't agree more! Very worth it, and very worthy!:clap::msp_thumbup: My 660 is fairly low hour, and less than ten year's old, and it's best day in the sun it wont outcut my 2101. Love em both the same, and different saw's, but man alive a 21 plus year old saw that can sit next to a top runner of today, a still make a you a commercial living! A guy had one here on C-list, and wanted 450, or 500 would not come down. I still would have bought it, but no cash. My buddy came into money, and wanted a big saw. I emailed, and gone full price paid! They must have been reading my 2101 thread LOL!

if i needed another 2100 i wouldnt hesitate to give $500 for a good runner

I will agree it is worth every penny of $350 if all it needs is a chain brake, if it needs something else I would wait if it is still there in a week offer up the $300 cash in hand and see what happens.

Out here in oz, $300 would get you a ''where is as is 2100'' eg.. maybe going or maybe not, or maybe have something missing.
$500 upwards, seems to be the figure for a going, reasonably clean saw good enough to do something with.

Sometimes one can get very lucky and get a good one for $300

I will agree it is worth every penny of $350 if all it needs is a chain brake, if it needs something else I would wait if it is still there in a week offer up the $300 cash in hand and see what happens.

chain brake

There is some one in U.K. selling a modified one that will work on a2100, but it looks like a rigged job to me. It is set up with a stop thru the handle ,and not on a full wrap at that, do a seach on the flea-bay. I think the price was around $80.00 U.S. plus shipping

There is some one in U.K. selling a modified one that will work on a2100, but it looks like a rigged job to me. It is set up with a stop thru the handle ,and not on a full wrap at that, do a seach on the flea-bay. I think the price was around $80.00 U.S. plus shipping

was that the full side cover with chainbrake or just the brake parts.

This would just be for my own firewood use. I seem to end up with some big (4' +) firewood and would like something around 100cc. Just prefer a brake if possible ..... I'll usually snap the brake on when stepping over a limb, etc. Guy locally has one for sale with no brake. If one can be added, I'd consider the saw.

As a side note...... are parts generally still available (pistons, etc) ?

Where the hell are you getting 4 foot firewood in NH? The last time we had trees that big here was the 1600's. :laugh:

2100 chainbrake

Ausneil1 it is a full side chaainbrake ,not just the handle added and modified. The swller name is "dwhusky and the "store" name is ARB Ireland. It lloks like maybr a factory modified brake off of a395/394 maybe?

Where the hell are you getting 4 foot firewood in NH? The last time we had trees that big here was the 1600's. :laugh:

Here is one of them dude. These Sugar Maples were growing around most farmsteads a hundred / hundred and fifty years ago, so there are plenty near homes today past their prime. I was given another one this summer after a chunk of it came down in a storm. I bucked this one with my 372, but it was working up a sweat. This is the type of wood that makes me want a 90+ cc saw.

I saw the clutch covers on Ebay in England. I was wondering about them also.

SugarMaple001-2.jpg

Wow, it is rare to find trees that big around here. Thats cool though, lots of wood in them!

So far, I seem to end up with a big Sugar Maple like that about every year and a half. Just (good) dumb luck I guess. I think I ended up with about six cord out of that one in the picture. Nice ! Wish I found a few oaks that big.

Ausneil1 it is a full side chaainbrake ,not just the handle added and modified. The swller name is "dwhusky and the "store" name is ARB Ireland. It lloks like maybr a factory modified brake off of a395/394 maybe?

Thats worth looking into, can you find out more details

Back