• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 272xp ported by me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyo

Youtube Speciawist
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ok, lets do... $435 PHO shipped to lower 48 or $485 w/ 20" powermatch bar and chain. chain is pretty sharp. but used.

This saw literally was pieced together from almost nothing. I desperately tried to make it as complete as possible. Still missing one screw for the air filter housing and 2 air filter clips.

So, oem cases, new nachis, hyway seal kit. Meteor piston. Base gasket delete, squish is around .017". 160 psi or so comp. I literally have one cut on the thing. Ported Oem cylinder head, base gasket delete with 1184, kitted tilly carb. I mig welded a red97 deflector on the muffler. Outer and inner dogs, new chain catcher. New o-ring for the oiler, new intake partition. New fuel line and filter. New spark plug. oem coil and flywheel and oiler. clutch works fine but may need new springs.

AM top cover, starter and clutch cover. The brake flag was too tight on my hands so I swapped it with a 394 flag. much better. The clutch cover is pretty nice and works well. The starter you may want to change out but works fine. AV mounts are ok, though I replaced one of the larger ones.

Theres a lot of time into this saw, and it'll be in an upcoming video series. Pix to follow....

So, no warantee. I want this saw gone. I don't need it, but the price is fair so it is fixed. This is a full rebuild ...and these usually take me a VERY long time to do....lots of time here. paypal FF, ship to lower 48 only. you buy it, its yours. I have about 1/2 tank on it and a total of 1 cut.

20171221_100042-jpg.620022

20171221_100049-jpg.620020

Pics don’t work for me either.

And you do mig welding too? They teach you that in dental school?

In post #5 near to the last pic is that a photo of the ports are as when saw is being sold? the larger oblong port looks some what unfinished What ills befell the saw in the first place? or was it a scratch project?

this was a scatch project. literally from the bearings on up. I'll bet there are half a dozen different saws here. plus all of the new oem parts and am parts. its likely I have $500 into this thing.

I recontoured the exhaust opening a tad when I put the 394 flag on...its a little more even now. yep, the exhaust is rough but quite solid.

In post #5 near to the last pic is that a photo of the ports are as when saw is being sold? the larger oblong port looks some what unfinished What ills befell the saw in the first place? or was it a scratch project?

also, the upper transfers didn't need much contouring at all. they have tiny bevels done with a football diamond. just fyi.

I'm not a pro porter, I do this for fun and an education. my port work is always improving, and the good news here is that the upper transfers didn't need much

Back