Husqvarna 285

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olyeller

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking about checking out a Husqvarna 285 for sale. Looks like it's a homeowner saw, in great shape. Anybody have cutting experience with one of these?

Hey sawtroll, If you have nothing nice to say.........

Troll will come here soon and tell you what a turd the 285 is. I had one, and I liked it just fine. Only reason I still do not have it is that I traded it for a chain grinder that I really needed to complete my shop. I would like to have that 285 back. It seems to be VERY solidly constructed, and they sound very nice. The 2100 is esentially the same saw with a bunch more power, and a manual oiler override. If you can get the 285 cheap, I'd do it.

My 285 is 85cc and will run a 36'' bar and I have never seen a 85cc homeowner saw.

No, no, no...

Sorry for the confusion; I meant that the saw was used by a homeowner as opposed to being used heavily a professional full-time logger or arborist. I know that an 85cc is beyond the homeowner class! Anybody else ever run one of these?

Sorry for the confusion; I meant that the saw was used by a homeowner as opposed to being used heavily a professional full-time logger or arborist. I know that an 85cc is beyond the homeowner class! Anybody else ever run one of these?

Get it cheap and sell it to me. I have a parts saw 285cd.:clap:

Sorry for my ignorance.:cheers:

fredmc, are you interested in this saw?

Hey fredmc, I got side tracked by the Husky L65 I'm working on, so I didn't go look at the 285. Are you really interested in this saw? Shoot me a PM if you are and maybe I can go check it out this week and pick it up on your behalf.

Olyeller

Back