• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 3120XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uldis

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello, fellow AS members,
I want to sell my Husqvarna 3120XP.
The story: I bought this saw from firewood company, who just stacked a pile of side-planks and then used this big saw to cut them. The operators were not "paying attention" and put non-mixed gasoline and ruined the piston. They changed the piston and sold the saw. The piston was new, but not original, but aftermarket. I bought it and took to local Husqvarna "Gold level" service (I was in doubt about the condition of the cylinder) - they said that it had a few scratches on the wall, but can be used. I was not convinced so I bought a new original cylinder and piston, so when the existing ones wore out I would just change them. I used this saw for milling (approximately some 540 square feet). It is going still on that piston and seems to hold up very well.
Reason for selling: I have started studying again and don't have the need for it anymore, but I do have a need for money for studies, so sadly, but it has to go.
I have attached the video of starting it cold - mind it was after I had milled and the air filter had pretty much dust on it. At the end of video I was letting it uncoil on it's own weight, so You could get some idea of the compression as I don't have a gauge to measure it. I also have added photos, where two defects can be seen - the rubber on clutch cover to exit the chips is broken down and there is a crack on the corner of air filter cover - otherwise in very good condition.
So, what do You get - the Husqvarna 3120XP, OEM piston and cylinder kit + new airfilter set. NO BAR OR CHAIN, but if buyer is interested i can offer two sets we can deal about: SET 1 (Sugihara 36" bar and 2 chains (one has had 5 filings and the other is brand new)) or SET 2 (50" GB Titanium Milling Bar and 3 chains (around 50% of life left)) depending what You want to use this saw for.
I would like to get 1000$ for the set shipped anywhere in the USA. Bar and chain sets are different talk, but if interested - contact me.
Please feel free to contact me and have a nice day!

Attachments

• Air filter.jpeg
    Air filter.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 126
  • 3120XP.jpeg
    3120XP.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Clutch (2).jpeg
    Clutch (2).jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 136
  • Clutch cover.jpeg
    Clutch cover.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Clutch.jpeg
    Clutch.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Cylinder and filter.jpeg
    Cylinder and filter.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Front.jpeg
    Front.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 134
  • GB.jpeg
    GB.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Stripped.jpeg
    Stripped.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 116
That's what I thought, but the bars were referred to as "set", even though it said bar and chain sets are different talk.
Power head extra P&C and air filter are 1k.
We can discuss the prices of whichever B&C you would like.
Seems clearer:rolleyes:, but as it says in my signature I'm a little slow, unlike Jonathan :).
GLWS

Latest posts

Back