• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 345 with 353 Top End

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterwolf

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I put this together planning to try my ha nd at porting... but just haven't got the time to learn how to do it.

Anyhow, I received the saw as a nice and clean 345 with a scored piston. I assume it was because of the intake boot with the plastic intake clamp. I pulled the saw completely apart then cleaned and inspected everything. Found a good 45mm cylinder top end from a late 350 (the cylinder with the removable transfer covers) and installed it along with a meteor 353 flat top piston. I used pieces of solder to determine the squish. By deleting the gasket, the squish is at .0225" I used Yamabond 4 between the plastic case and aluminum base and used Loctite anaerobic gasket maker between the base and the cylinder. I clipped the plastic clamps off of the intake and installed it with a quality metal hose clamp. The carb limiters were already trimmed before I got the saw. It fired right up but was running very rich (I assume that's because I fixed the air leak). Anyhow, I've tuned it proper and have run less than a tank of fuel through it.

Again, I was planning on trying to port it, but I was just kidding myself. I don't have the time. I figured that with the removable transfer covers, and the ability to put a 357xp carburetor on it, I could get it to run close to my Masterminded 346oe. Maybe someone else wants to give it a try!

$200 obo pho shipped to the lower 48.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Whats the compression since you added the flat top and lowered the squish ? Clean saw !
My cheapo compression gauge quit working. I'm planning on buying a new quality gauge and a good tach with the proceeds from this saw.

Back