Husqvarna 346/345/350 help needed for parts!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tor R

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got myself a huge problem, 346 XPG year 07, OE.
Piston scored badly and I may not be able to restore the cylinder.
Worse is that I can see that the crankshaft is twisted.
On the positive side, the 346 have full operative heathed handles, and I only paid 50$. First I need to figure out how to save the bottom end, before I go further in the project...

I am aware that 353 parts can be used, Question is more of what parts I can use from 345.
Can one crankshaft from 345 be used?
Can chain brake handle from 345 be used?

I looked at my IPL's and it looks like the crank and chain brake handle will not work fron a 345.. The difference is plastic clamshell saw versus mag case pro saw. It looks like any crank from a 346xp old or new edition, any 351 or 353 will work. Old part number 503-857-671, crosses up to 504-206-802. Chain brake handle part number is 503-85-08-02 crosses to 537-15-28-01. That is a graet score on the 346xp with heated handles. I wish mine had heated handles, I thought about buying the parts and adding it on but it would be very costly to get the parts all new from dealer.

Updated.
Silly me who thought crankshaft have same look as 254.
Didnt waste any time though, bearings was toasted anyway, but the crankshaft is in a decent condition.

Far as I can judge part list, 350 oil pump is the same, I also need part nummer 503 87 56 01.
Other thing I need is chain brake handle. If anyone knows if another chain brake handle will work I would apriciate to know it.

A thread is nothing without picture, give me few hours and they will be there.

I have an extra oil punp laying around you can have, do not know what shipping would be to you. it looks like the brake hande is the same on all 346xp's 351's and 353's any year will work. I have a list price of $26.97 for brake handle here. The oil pump cover plate is $9.20.

I have an extra oil punp laying around you can have, do not know what shipping would be to you. it looks like the brake hande is the same on all 346xp's 351's and 353's any year will work. I have a list price of $26.97 for brake handle here. The oil pump cover plate is $9.20.
Thanks for the offer. I will first go back to the shop where I got this saw from. I was so busy to grab all the 254 parts they had that I never really checked the 346.

The cranks look to be in good shape, the whole saw look to be in better shape then what I expected.
I had new bearings + seals already, so the bottom end will be good.
Badly scored piston. I try to use the mastermind trick on the jug, not done yet, but I don't have the biggest hope.

Some pictures, more to come later:

Attachments

• _DSC1723.jpg
    _DSC1723.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 47
  • _DSC1798.jpg
    _DSC1798.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 48
  • _DSC1800.jpg
    _DSC1800.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 53
  • _DSC1801.jpg
    _DSC1801.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 52
  • _DSC1804.jpg
    _DSC1804.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 51
  • _DSC1795.jpg
    _DSC1795.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 47
  • _DSC1796.jpg
    _DSC1796.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 44
Just continuing the same path...
I have now two 346 xpg projects, actually almost 3 since one jug cleaned up okey, both are OE, both missing a part here and there.

I gone go super cheap and try to get used parts in Norway but need help to veryfy if this can work, I rather prefer to spend my $$ on the 2xx serie.

Chainbrake handle should be same as 340/345/350?
Clutch drummel, are they also the same as 340/345/350?
When it goes to coil, what can I use from 340/345/350/351/353?

I also need to renovate carbs, I have a few zama el17-18 but I dont like Zama, was older walbro better?
I can also dump some 199 (have a few) on them, but perhaps overkill (they will later be ported)?

The coils will all interchange the black is non limited the blue is rev limited to the marking on coil. The clutch drums interchange but not the oil pump gears. The 353 and 346xp have a step up right after the threads so the oil pump gear has a bigger hole in the center. The older walbro carbs are better in my opinion, but zama's work ok. I have both not any difference in performance. If you lived closer I would take those heated handle 346xp's off you hands.

Anyone have a pic of the fuel line connections to the air purge bulb on a 345? Had some work done (I usually do it but I lent the saw to a friend) and when I got it back there was no line hooked up to the top nipple on the purge. So once the purge bubble is full it shoots fuel into the case.

So if I got this right, this should work.
Chain brake handle 346/351/353.
Clutch and drummel, all interchange exept oil worm gear.
Coil, black, all interchange, there was no extra boost in xp coil?
I will see if I can find one of the old walbro carbs tomorrow.

@KYsawman, if I get over a full heated handle set for 346xp/353g, I know where to send it. I already have a spare xpg flywheel.

Anyone have a pic of the fuel line connections to the air purge bulb on a 345? Had some work done (I usually do it but I lent the saw to a friend) and when I got it back there was no line hooked up to the top nipple on the purge. So once the purge bubble is full it shoots fuel into the case.
Here is a picture of my 346xp with purge bulb. My 340 and 350 do not have the purge bulb.jphonedec 359.jpg

Latest posts

Back