Husqvarna 350 vs Stihl 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get a nice 028S for under $200.00 if you are patient. The 028S is about 1lb heavier, but it is solid pound. It is built like a tank, no screws going into little sheet metal parts made to hold the speakers in your car.

The Stihl 028S has bolts that go into a magnesium case, just to hold the shroud on! The 028S will be around long after the Husky 350 has been turned into water bottles or plastic plates. No problem with mufflers falling off, in fact no problems whatsoever. They are as dependable as the sun coming up. I'll take the extra pound. JMHO

It is more than a pound difference, closer to two - the 028 weights as the MS361.........:greenchainsaw:

Back on Topic 250 vs. 350

I have no experience with the MS250, however the Husky 350 is a great saw. Sure, it may not hold up in a professional environment like a MS260, but they run well, have adequate power, and are comfortable to use. I picked up another one recently. This will be my third 350. For the -new- less than $300 saw, they are hard to beat.

I know a guy who has a landscaping business, who has a bunch of them. He told me that it's easy to get near new ones on CL for less than $200, and often for even less than that. Guess plenty of husbands get them for christmas or buy them for one job then put them in the garage for a few years then sell them.

Aren't 350's just 353's without the metal case? Also, aren't they discontinued? If so, too bad.

Latest posts

Back