Husqvarna 353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the 550xp stack up against the 350,353, 346? Are the 340 and 345 similar to the 346/353? I see the cylinder will enter change. I have always been curious about these little saws. I kind of want to build one.

How does the 550xp stack up against the 350,353, 346? Are the 340 and 345 similar to the 346/353? I see the cylinder will enter change. I have always been curious about these little saws. I kind of want to build one.

The 340 and 345 aren't similar at all really, as they are "homeowner" class saws with a plastic case. That said, the 346xp top end actually can be mounted on them, if you use other assorted parts from the 350 and 346xp as well - and some sort of grinder. There are lots of old posts about this on here, so no reason to repeat the details.

The saws will of course not become a 346xp this way, as there is much more difference than just the top end - but they basically will cut like one, as the carb, intake and muffler is the same (when made at the same time), despite many other differences.

Just add 353g info2006 .I put 3/8 bar and chain on it's a cutting monster. But little catch has to be below 40 f outside . She runs a bit hot but next will be get rid of the catalytic converter muffler . I haven't changed it because it running so good for a winter saw. Its been thru 12 years 120 cord . 2 bars and about 13 chains wore out.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back