Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednecksawman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yes i just picked up a husqvarna 359 the oem piston cylinder are good but the crank rod bearings are shot is the saw worth fixing or should i just throw it aside for parts some day i have never replaced a crank before

Its not to difficult. one thing I will suggest is a case splitter (especially if you are going to be doing more rebuilds in the future). I made a make shift and spliiter to split a few cases than I bought one from weedeaterman.com. (but I dont see them on there website right now, PM Randy. watsonr is his name here) I just split a case in a few minutes with no damage to the crank or case halves.

Tell us a little about how in depth you have repaired saws.

Maybe a more precise location would show you are close to someone that has a case splitter?
I made my own case splitter. If you look at the design it's really pretty simple.
Watch some vids. It was intimidating the first time. Now I don't hesitate.
If you get stuck at any point, it's easy enough to start over on the splitting and reassembly.

The 359 is a keeper and worth the effort.

I have been and worked around old saws quite a bit like 041 stihl 038 what my dad used for cutting pulp wood back in the late 70s 80s im just trying to do a little hobby work with my dad

The 359 is an excellent 60cc class saw and well worth the time to rebuild. As with anything some special tools make the job much easier but once you have them you wont hesitate in the future.

I have been very pleased with my 359. I am a "one saw" guy, so the 359 is a well rounded saw in my opinion.

A muffler mod and removing the carb limiter tabs made a world of difference. Mine is currently apart to have the squish band and base cut, then some mild porting and I will be ready to roll.

What year saw is it? Is it and E-tech saw (green gas cap)?

Of course it is worth fixing, it is a pro quality saw, even though it isn't an xp.

If it is an E-Tech, the muffler need to be changed for a non-cat one.

Can the crankshaft come apart or do i need to get a whole new crankshaft. The only thing i wish it was a stihl we have a dealer no husky dealer for parts thanks guy i lived in mississippi for the last few years i just moved to arkansas last month to take care of my dad

Wow i just checked with a jacks small engines and a crank cost about 200.00 i guess ill just put it to the side for now

Went to the stihl dealer first thing this am and he said if i tore everything down he would split the case for me he also said he would look around and see if he had a 359 with a good bottom end and just swap everything over Thanks for all the input he also said he might have a 55 that needs a top end he might trade me

I don't know but I am sure that one of the experts will weigh in.

Is he locked into ONLY a 359 crank? Would a 357xp work?

I think im just going to put it on the back burner for now thanks for all the help . I might try to trade it for something . thanks for all the help

I don't know but I am sure that one of the experts will weigh in.

Is he locked into ONLY a 359 crank? Would a 357xp work?
Yes, a 357 crank will work also.

I'd check with the Husky dealers here for new or used crank. Their prices are way below retail.

Latest posts

Back