Husqvarna 365 fuel line is impossible to push through opening in tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtty

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i needed a new fuel line so i went to the dealership and he gave me a new OEM one. when i get back home i start trying to feed the new fuel line through the hole on top of the tank and it just wont budge through it. is there some kind of trick to get this little hose into the tank or am i just suppose to keep trying to mash it through?
thanks guys.

Cut the end of the line on a steep angle and you will be able to get it started. You will lose a little bit of length though. :)

Last edited:
I have used fine soft iron wire to wrap TIGHTLY around the end of the hose. Use grease. Insert wire through openings, then pull through. When I say tight around the hose, I mean strangle the little pig.

Cut the end of the line on a steep angleand you will be able to get it started. You will lose a little bit of length though. :)

Yep, and lubricate the end with 2-cycle oil and use needle-nose pliers to get it started. Once you get it started you can keep working it in with pliers until there's enough to grab from inside the tank. Then you can pull it through.

try fishing string

I had similar trouble and resorted to feeding about 2' of fishing line through that hole. I tied a knot about 1/2" from the end of the fuel line and gave her a sharp tug.

Yep, and lubricate the end with 2-cycle oil and use needle-nose pliers to get it started. Once you get it started you can keep working it in with pliers until there's enough to grab from inside the tank. Then you can pull it through.

Carefully pulling a hairline crack in the hose to give you fits for years to come.

There is lots of good advice on this before me, but I have done two saws, and this is what is do.

I first asked here and was told to cut the end at a 45 angle, but I still had some trouble, so I got the idea to use some small nylon line. Punched a small hole in the angled cut and got the line through and tied it off good.

Then tied a small finishing nail on the other end of about 12 " inches of the line. Drop the nail in the hole and move the tank around until it falls out the fuel filler hole.

From there just gently pull it through. Oil or some kind of lubrication on the line will be a big help.:cheers:

Find a copper wire that is long enough to fish through the tank and out the gas cap opening, plus s few inches longer than the length of your hose. Thread the new fuel line onto the end coming out of the cap opening and bend a tight hook in the end of the wire, so you can pull it through from the other end of the wire, coming out of the fuel line opening. Lube the fuel line and pull it through, you'll be surprised how easy it works and you won't mutilate the line in any way.

wow thanks for all the replies guys. ill try some of your tricks tonight after work. ill let you know how it all works out for me.
thanks again.

hmm never thought of any of these. i always heat the line up with a lighter and pop'er in.

These fuel lines are not meant to be pushed. They are already cut at an angle to help threading. What I do is punch a small hole in the end where it's cut. Stick a small wire through the hole and fold it down tight. Spray the line with WD40 and then snake it through using the wire. I always start from the top side. This is very easy, just a couple of minutes. On a 365/372, it's best to take the handle off to get easier access to the hole. On a 346 or 357, the hole is right there looking at you, so you don't have to mess with the handle.

I cut a bit more than half of the width of the line for about 1/2 inch or so from the end, starting with a angle on the upper end. The thin piece fits easily through the hole and with the line lubed I pull it through with a pliers.

it worked!
i ended up tightly wrapping the end in copper wire and covering the line in grease. i used the wire to pull the line into the tank.
thanks again for your help guys.

Back