Husqvarna 365xt (sleeper)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraMtns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am working on my next saw and need some help with parts. I know this saw has been built many times. I am building a 365 xt that has a XPW internals. I want it to look like a 365 xt with low top filter and all. The saw will have full wrap bars and will be running a 32" bar. I have the XPW cylinder and piston, intake boot and carburetor coming.

Is there any other little parts I will need?

I am still on the fence about having it ported. I might just do a muffler mod and base gasket delete and run it.

Thanks

Ive started by grinding on el cheepo poulan, learning about degreeing a cylinder as i go. Start on something disposable that runs as it is and go from there. Seems like a lot to send it to a member, as i'd rather learn

There is common agreement that a stock xpw against a stock xp cylinder will not be any better. The transfers are no bigger on an xpw so porting is a must to get the potential outta them.

I am working on my next saw and need some help with parts. I know this saw has been built many times. I am building a 365 xt that has a XPW internals. I want it to look like a 365 xt with low top filter and all. The saw will have full wrap bars and will be running a 32" bar. I have the XPW cylinder and piston, intake boot and carburetor coming.

Is there any other little parts I will need?

I am still on the fence about having it ported. I might just do a muffler mod and base gasket delete and run it.

Thanks

Just my experience. But I much prefer the x torq top end when running over a 24" bar. They mod well and have much more usable grunt than the xp or xpw. Now a ported xpw may be better, but I haven't run one.

Either way you're going to have a strong saw. Have fun.

Steven

You will need Carb. mtn. screws, intake boot, clamp and af housing off the top of my head. They are diff than XT.
Shep

Now Walter and Bob threw a wrench in my plan.

Maybe modify the 48mm jug first and see what I can get out of it before I build the XPW

hmmmm.....

I thought I heard that grinding the divider in the cover of a 365xt jug is the only change needed to turn it into a 372xt.....now some people don't like the x-torque strato set ups but I'd be surprised if a 372xpw cylinder ran any stronger? The x-torques run cleaner and use less fuel. My 2065 is going under surgery this winter so I'm studying up.....

Those "Saw College" videos are great!

I thought I heard that grinding the divider in the cover of a 365xt jug is the only change needed to turn it into a 372xt.....now some people don't like the x-torque strato set ups but I'd be surprised if a 372xpw cylinder ran any stronger? The x-torques run cleaner and use less fuel. My 2065 is going under surgery this winter so I'm studying up.....

Remove transfer baffles, open muffer up and base gasket delete, or make a gasket to get squish right. If you want more send it out to a builder and start cutting. Have one in the garage and cuts and runs very nice. Both 365xt and 372xt are both built with same 70.5cc cylinder/piston, case, crank, etc.

What you got planned with the 2065???????

Here in Ontario we got the 372xp
In the top low filter. But I have seen both. I also think some places in Europe got the low top filter. It allows it to fit into the husqvarna case that they made for a while... The one with 3 latches...

Remove transfer baffles, open muffer up and base gasket delete, or make a gasket to get squish right. If you want more send it out to a builder and start cutting. Have one in the garage and cuts and runs very nice. Both 365xt and 372xt are both built with same 70.5cc cylinder/piston, case, crank, etc.

Yeah thats what I was thinking about doing after watching the videos. Do a 2 part build. Build it up in current form with 48 mm jug and see how it runs. Then build the XPW parts and see how that setup runs.

Maybe I should of spent all the parts money on a nice porting tool. Oh well. lol

Yeah thats what I was thinking about doing after watching the videos. Do a 2 part build. Build it up in current form with 48 mm jug and see how it runs. Then build the XPW parts and see how that setup runs.

Maybe I should of spent all the parts money on a nice porting tool. Oh well. lol
Did I miss something, thought you said xtorq? 365 & 372 xtorq saws are both 50mm. Old 365 is 48mm.

Ooops. I thought 365 xtorq was 48 mm. Learn something new every day.

So why would someone pay more for the 372?
They want the hd filter and cover. Besides that I wonder also. Find a fried 372xt switch covers and save 365's for warranty.

Latest posts

Back