Husqvarna 372AT (or maybe 572)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come to New Mexico in a 5k foot above sea level desert and you will be praising that high top with extra filter element. An air filter in my truck lasts 3 months tops in the summer.

Likely true, but that doesn't mean that the HD setup should be standard everywhere in the US. There is some ****-up with the marketing, that carried over to make them offer the 562 instead of the 560.
I reckon they feel it is "good enough" in both cases - but it really isn't when they have better options in the inventory, for most situations.

Likely true, but that doesn't mean that the HD setup should be standard everywhere in the US. There is some ****-up with the marketing, that carried over to make them offer the 562 instead of the 560.
I reckon they feel it is "good enough" in both cases - but it really isn't when they have better options in the inventory, for most situations.

The jred 2260=560xp? You know more about husky's than I do

My 372 loaded with the 24" Sugi weighs 18 lbs

That's totally irrelevant, as the specs are about empty PHO - no bar and chain, and no fluids - which is well known and communicated.

Posting weighs "with" something is totally irrelevant, and mostly will be done to "**** up" a thread - not to add information.

Yes, it has happened before - and it is no surprise

It's interesting that your dealer heard this and nobody else did. Perhaps he heard it from someone up the chain who let it slip early or perhaps he was pulling your leg a bit?

He was definitely not pulling my leg, & I have not heard anything new. Guess I'll have to stop in & see if he has anything more to say about it. If I have any concrete info, it will appear on here, but, with the interest in this saw, someone may very well know about it before I do & bring us up to date.

That's totally irrelevant, as the specs are about empty PHO - no bar and chain, and no fluids - which is well known and communicated.

Posting weighs "with" something is totally irrelevant, and mostly will be done to "**** up" a thread - not to add information.

Yes, it has happened before - and it is no surprise

It's a real world weight. Who the **** cares about empty with no bar and chain ? Do you go to the woods pho empty?

I have no idea what those bearings are, but why? A little background on what's wrong with the current ones and what's better about the 6203 bearings, please?

Thanks,
Mike

Bigger and stronger. The 6202 is what most 50cc saws are using. The 6203 are what most stihls and the bigger huskies use.

Bigger and stronger. The 6202 is what most 50cc saws are using. The 6203 are what most stihls and the bigger huskies use.

Even poulan went to that on the pto side as a update back in the mid 90's

Same bearing used now on the 385 390 pto side isnt it?

Not thinking straight so make sure ;)

Never understood the relevance of saw weights without fluids myself, pointless info IMHO.

I personally think that's really the only way to compare them accurately. One saw is half a pound heavier than another, fully loaded, but the heavier one holds twice the fluids and can cut twice as long in a tank.. you always have the option of not putting as much fuel/oil in the one that holds more. Of course, we know that comparing them with bars is totally useless, because of the wide range of bar weights between a sugi 16" and say a powermatch 28".

Mike

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Everything has always been weighed empty. Motorcycles ATV's Cars Trucks Chainsaws. Industry standard. JMO

So that is how everything has been compared.

Different bars and chains weigh different amounts. Cant do ready to cut everyone would be different. IMO

Now would be neat to see PHO empty and PHO full of fluids.

Everything has always been weighed empty. Motorcycles ATV's Cars Trucks Chainsaws. Industry standard. JMO

So that is how everything has been compared.

Different bars and chains weigh different amounts. Cant do ready to cut everyone would be different. IMO

Now would be neat to see PHO empty and PHO full of fluids.
Exactly, no b&c.

First, you don't need a piston stop or any other special tool to remove the clutch on a fairly modern outboard clutch Husky etc. - all takes is a something to use as a drift and something to hit the drift sharply with. There are recesses in the clutch to place the drift in.
There aren't any e-clip or other small parts to loose in the process.

Second, proper maintenance will include cleaning and inspection behind (inside) an inboard clutch, so it has to come off anyway - the e-clip only provides partial access.

This isn't a "biggie" though, and far from the main reasons that outboard clutches are preferable to inboards.

I have a lot of trigger time on both stihls and husqvarnas with inboard clutches. I may have lost one maybe two E clips in my time. One was due to it being improperly installed and it fell off during cutting.

What I am going at is IMO an inboard clutch is a superior design. Sure there isnt an E clip to mess with and potentially lose but having to use a piston stop or a punch/hammer is more of a PITA. I'd rather carry a spare E clip, washer and rim sprocket than a hammer and punch. The loss rate on those parts is so low its just not worth the extra hassle of the outboard clutch.

I have a lot of trigger time on both stihls and husqvarnas with inboard clutches. I may have lost one maybe two E clips in my time. One was due to it being improperly installed and it fell off during cutting.

What I am going at is IMO an inboard clutch is a superior design. Sure there isnt an E clip to mess with and potentially lose but having to use a piston stop or a punch/hammer is more of a PITA. I'd rather carry a spare E clip, washer and rim sprocket than a hammer and punch. The loss rate on those parts is so low its just not worth the extra hassle of the outboard clutch.

How often do you really need access to the sprocket rim in the woods?

Don't you carry a screwdriver and something to hit wedges with into the woods?

We really are discussing marginal inconveniences here, and any inconvenience you might feel with the outboard mainly are about habit - and they are tradeoffs for a better handling saw and less tear on the PTO side crank bearing (and the crank itself).

Back