Husqvarna 372AT (or maybe 572)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a real world weight. Who the **** cares about empty with no bar and chain ? Do you go to the woods pho empty?

No, but particularly the bar is a major variable, and it is up to the owner/operator what is on the saw. Even with the same called length, there some times are rather large differences.

It becomes rather hopeless to make fair comparisons when variables that are up to the owner/operator are included - and comparisons that are published needs to be fair. What you do privately is up to you, I never put a single saw on a scale in any condition, and likely never will.....

How often do you really need access to the sprocket rim in the woods?

Don't you carry a screwdriver and something to hit wedges with into the woods?

We really are discussing marginal inconveniences here, and any inconvenience you might feel with the outboard mainly are about habit - and they are tradeoffs for a better handling saw and less tear on the PTO side crank bearing (and the crank itself).

All my experience is wildland fire cutting. We do all out maintenance in the field. Having to take a felling axe and a screwdriver to pop off a clutch wouldn't be fun. Pop an e-clip off with a scrench is way easier. Most wildland guys are taught to tear their saw down to the clutch and grease the bearing everytime they use the saw. Fire saws are to be kept in tiptop shape. Just my experience.

Latest posts

Back