Husqvarna 372XP "Flagship saw" "best saw Husky ever made"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 372XP to fit in between a Stihl MS260 and an MS660 and love it.

Trouble is now I want a 346XP and 390XP.

:censored:

509.gif

I have heard it seveal time on Arboristsite,"Huskqvarnas Flagship Saw" "Best saw Husky ever made"

I am curious as to why people say this. I have a 372xp and love it,but what makes it so great? Relaiability? Power to weight ratio? longevity

I am sure that other Husky saws use the exact same rod,rod bearing,crank and main bearings and carbs. This would indicate that they should be just as great as the 372. Whats everyone think?

Imo, the flagship right now is the NE346xp - but that is just an opinion - and the 372xp :rockn: :rockn: as well.......:biggrinbounce2:

The 372 is a good runner, good weight to power ratio. Best saw Husky ever made I wouldn't know, only have two Huskies and 26 Stihls. Will give the 372 credit though, its a good runner, not hard to handle, smooth as well. Mine has alittle oil leak problem I'm too lazy to fix but other than that its alright in my book. I bought it based on what your asking, I too had heard its the best Husky ever made. If it is thats fine with me.

Yup.....Mr.Drippy needs a diaper.........:laugh: :laugh:

Imo, the flagship right now is the NE346xp - but that is just an opinion - and the 372xp :rockn: :rockn: as well.......:biggrinbounce2:

Don't leave out the factory wildcat limited 372:
372 with a concrete saw jug = 372xpw:rockn:

372xp

I have spent a LOT of time running the 365 special. I am hoping to replace it, and am thinking that the 372XP or the 570 would be the way to go. I was wondering if anyone has ran both and could offer an accurate comparison?

I have used many different brands and many different models over the years, and have found that Nothing Compares to the Husqvarna 365. Fell and bucked up a 6' diameter mountain canyon live oak (60-75 ft tall) in 4 days time with it by myself (24" bar), not a single issue, cuts like butter and screams like a banshee 12 yrs old.

I am hoping for the same kind of speed, power, reliability, handling and maybe even a little extra comfort coming out of the 372XP ..... but I haven't ran one..... when I have been in situations where the opportunity to run a 372XP has come up, I always picked up the 365.

I am absolutely in love with the 365, and would never really want to switch away. But I can't go get a new one to add to the crew :(.

Edit: I have run the 570, and wasn't too impressed.

Last edited:
There are some new 365 that pop up on ebay from time to time.

the 372XP is an excellent saw all around, i have two that came to me by second hand, i rebuilt one with an OEM P&C kit and the other i came across a jug and piston which i ended up woods porting after i got up the nerve to do so lol. all in all, i love both, they are great saws and i plan on keeping them as long as i can.

372 is over hyped Imo, I have one and its ok but not my favorite 70cc saw by a ways. Same with 346 so far ,I have not ran it at all hardly but it feels heavier and more bulky than my 026.

372 is over hyped Imo, I have one and its ok but not my favorite 70cc saw by a ways. Same with 346 so far ,I have not ran it at all hardly but it feels heavier and more bulky than my 026.

I kinda have the opposite opinion on the 346/026 discussion...especially if it's a new edition 346 (aug 07 or newer production) I fidn the 346 more comfortable, but to each their own (026 is still a damn god saw)

I have spent a LOT of time running the 365 special. I am hoping to replace it, and am thinking that the 372XP or the 570 would be the way to go. I was wondering if anyone has ran both and could offer an accurate comparison?

I have used many different brands and many different models over the years, and have found that Nothing Compares to the Husqvarna 365. Fell and bucked up a 6' diameter mountain canyon live oak (60-75 ft tall) in 4 days time with it by myself (24" bar), not a single issue, cuts like butter and screams like a banshee 12 yrs old.

I am hoping for the same kind of speed, power, reliability, handling and maybe even a little extra comfort coming out of the 372XP ..... but I haven't ran one..... when I have been in situations where the opportunity to run a 372XP has come up, I always picked up the 365.

I am absolutely in love with the 365, and would never really want to switch away. But I can't go get a new one to add to the crew :(.

I vote no on the 570. They are smooth and kinda torky, but terribly awkward and heavy. Like carrying an 046 with a taller air filter cover and the power of an 039. I actually raced a 570 with an 039. The 570 had a lot better chain, both sharp though, and the 039 was only about 2-3 seconds slower than the 570. Buried in a big poplar log.

I have heard it seveal time on Arboristsite,"Huskqvarnas Flagship Saw" "Best saw Husky ever made"

I am curious as to why people say this. I have a 372xp and love it,but what makes it so great? Relaiability? Power to weight ratio? longevity

I am sure that other Husky saws use the exact same rod,rod bearing,crank and main bearings and carbs. This would indicate that they should be just as great as the 372. Whats everyone think?

I would say the 372, 262xp, 272xp and 365 special share this title:computer2:

Select husky dealers are selling new 365 specials i bought one a month ago and love it, my second kid.

The 372xp is a great saw. If it edges out the 346xp in getting the most love (and I did say "if") I think it's because it's the biggest Husky many of us have much use for on a regular basis. I dig big saws, but don't need more than a 24" bar very often. 372xp makes a big grin without the cost, effort, and fuel consumption of an even bigger saw.

Jack

There are some new 365 specials now on eBay. I just bought one today.

Hmmmmmm

Seriously... Does nobody think they are lacking in the lower region? I've haven't really seen any husky's built after like 2000 or so that actually have a powerband, and I mean under 80cc. Good depending on who's running them... Not bad by any means. Every saw has it's purpose. The newer ones I've run bog too much for me, I can't keep'em spinning fast enough or remind myself I can't lean on it... If it works, and doesn't cause you issues, ENJOY IT EH?

:cheers:

I use a lot of 372s. I supervise a chainsaw crew. For work, we put our saws through hell. In 5degree weather to 110, elevations from sea level to 10000 feet. We use them hard for nearly 10hrs straight, in the sand and in the river, mountains and snow, cutting big trees and small, dirty ones, hard woods and soft. I have probably run more than 60 professional saws, stihl and husqvarna, and fixed every basic thing. The 372 is just my favorite. Smooth and strong. Easy to repair. Light enough to go ham all day, 4 months in a row. prob an average of 5 hrs trigger time (full rev) per day. In the backcountry, when there's no chance of getting a new saw out there to my crew, I put my money on twelve 372s.

Back