Husqvarna 372XP XT Seal Problem?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Is anyone haing problems with new 372XP XT seals? I had a logger stop by and wanted to know if I had any used saws for sale. He said he bought a new 372XP in November and within an hour the saw blew up. They said it was the seal and rebuit it under warranty. He got it back and it did the same thing. This time he got a new 372, still under warranty. This one lasted a week and did the same thing. In the mean time he bought another new 372 and so far it is holding up.

So, I was just wondering if anyone else has had or seen anything similar to this?

Hmm. Well, from what I've seen, the XT saw is set-up pretty much the same as the XP/XPW saws on the bottom end, and there's tens of thousands of those in use daily.

Hmm. Well, from what I've seen, the XT saw is set-up pretty much the same as the XP/XPW saws on the bottom end, and there's tens of thousands of those in use daily.

Yes, they are identical. The 72 has a pretty good lower end rep. This situation seams odd to me. If the problem was fixed by the dealer, obviously more needs to be learned if it blew again right away.

The whole deal sounded strange to me.
If he doesn't get anywhere with the dealer he might bring it to me to look at.
I'm starting to wonder if the problem isn't the seal.

Hi there from New Zealand, I bought a new 372 XP earlier in the year, it died half way through its first tank of gas, just stopped mid cut. I pulled the muffler off to reveal a scored pistion. I know my gas was mixed correctly as I'd used it without fault in my other Husky. My dealer fixed it under warranty, he found a small whole in the impulse line causing it run lean. Unfortunately when I got the repaired saw back from him the same thing happened again. First tank it just stopped mid cut with a badly scored piston. My dealer is baffled and can find no obvious air leak. He has to repair it under warranty again. I'm thinking there could be an air leak develop when it gets hot. Does anyone have any ideas?

Back