Husqvarna 372xt auto return switch mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of funny, I checked the old switch from my 372, and it is the 70/30 type. This is a saw of questionable past to say the least (ebay, never again). I have been getting to know it a little better as I try to bring it up to snuff. I have had mixed emotions about the saw since the day I got it. I have to admit, that I tugged it at least a dozen times one day with the switch OFF. My Bad, but I was cursing the saw and imagining all kinds of additional expences. Thanks to this thread, I now have an IDIOT proof saw :hi:

I think anyone who has ever ran a saw any length of time whether admitted or not has probably done that before. I know I have tried starting a saw in the off position more then once. Now that I have these switches in all my husqvarnas I have a feeling if I am helping/using someone else's saw that number will go up.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Just wanted to share a few tid-bits I found out while installing the auto return switches on a few saws. On the 395, the bottom blade of the switch has an eye- let. The eye-let from the 395 switch can be taken out and installed in the new auto return switch so that the wire does not have to be modified. The 522 79 82-01 was the switch I used. Now I just need to go back to the dealer to get one more switch to finish the saws. I forgot about the 7910 when I ordered parts:rare2:

Back