Husqvarna 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOBY

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all i have just had the chance of buying a husqvarna 390xp £440 it is 12 month old and in good nick,can any body tell me what these saws are like and is it worth the money

Knowing how expensive pro saws are in the U.K., I would say that's a decent deal if the 390 looks and runs real good/like new. £440 would be about $720 USD. See if you can get it for £400-410.

Hi all i have just had the chance of buying a husqvarna 390xp £440 it is 12 month old and in good nick,can any body tell me what these saws are like and is it worth the money

Don't buy that saw - buy the freakin HELL out of that saw yesterday. I love my 385xp(1mm less bore than the 390, basically).

knowing how expensive pro saws are in the u.k., i would say that's a decent deal if the 390 looks and runs real good/like new. £440 would be about $720 usd. See if you can get it for £400-410.

thanks for your info i will give it a try

Good saw and a good deal... if you want a saw that big. If you don't maybe a new 372 would turn out to be a better bet?

Where are you in the North or South of Wales?

good saw and a good deal... If you want a saw that big. If you don't maybe a new 372 would turn out to be a better bet?

Where are you in the north or south of wales?

mid wales
i have got a husky 254 & 65 also a jonsered 625 & 2036 turbo i was thinking that the 390 would be better for the bigger stuff

The 390xp is smooth, has a nice wide powerband and in my opinion is nimble for a big saw. Puts a smile on my face everytime I use it :)

390's and 385's are flat out work horse....made to cut timber day in day out.....they really respond to mods and in my opinion they handle like a 70cc saw...just with a whole lot more power...and awesome anitvibe...and superior air filtration. For the big hardwood timber I cut they are the saw to have......way more than enough power with a 2' bar and less weight than a 066....granted they dont have the grunt power of the 066's but in the end of the day you can tell you ran a 066 all day...and if you can still feel your hands and arent completly whooped you must have ran the husky.:msp_thumbup:

390's and 385's are flat out work horse....made to cut timber day in day out.....they really respond to mods and in my opinion they handle like a 70cc saw...just with a whole lot more power...and awesome anitvibe...and superior air filtration. For the big hardwood timber i cut they are the saw to have......way more than enough power with a 2' bar and less weight than a 066....granted they dont have the grunt power of the 066's but in the end of the day you can tell you ran a 066 all day...and if you can still feel your hands and arent completly whooped you must have ran the husky.:msp_thumbup:

thank for your reply and every body else as well,have just bought the saw and when i have tried it i will let you all know what i think

Latest posts

Back