Husqvarna 395 XP Crankcase damage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badbackjack

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 395XP that I picked up cheap. The clutch side crankcase is broken in the lower corner. Can I run this saw as is or will it rattle apart and self destruct. I have included a picture so you can see what is missing. Any and all advice is appreciated. I will probably keep my eyes open for a used case or bite the bullet and get a new case as I only paid $150 for the saw. Everything else on the saw is good.

Attachments

• tempImage7L8FCQ.png
    tempImage7L8FCQ.png
    15.2 MB · Views: 29
part of what is broken off there has a rubber button to stabalize the tank handle assembly..i think there is also a bolt that goes through that part of the casting that acts as a limit if ya really yank on the saw...you could run if but alot of the chips are going to exhaust out the left rear side of the case. and if you throw a chain it could come back and do some operator damage....best get a case half....there out there.
good luck
the can

Replace it with a good used one, I had the same problem and farting around with a damaged one will only (generally) damage more. Been down that dirty road too.

They are 218$ brand new at HL supply, might as well go that way for the price. I posted here and the other site a month ago and haven’t got any hits. Both guys that might have had them said they couldn’t find any. Good luck, gonna order mine tomorrow 👍

Latest posts

Back