Husqvarna 395XP Made in Brazil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

New to ArboristSite.

I just picked up a new 395XP at my local saw shop. I didn't realize until after I bought it that it was Made in Brazil. That made me nervous. All my other saws are Made in Sweden. Does anyone know what the deal is with these Brazilian saws? Has anyone run one and had a good or bad experience?

Thanks for your help.

Husky has a large factory in Brazil, where they typically continue production of the most popular models, after production has been terminated in Sweden. These saws mainly are meant for "third world" markets, but exceptions have happened before.

What seems a bit unusual in this case is that the production is moved to Brazil before a replacement model is in production for the US, EU etc. markets.

Husky has a large factory in Brazil, where they typically continue production of the most popular models, after production has been terminated in Sweden. These saws mainly are meant for "third world" markets, but exceptions have happened before.

What seems a bit unusual in this case is that the production is moved to Brazil before a replacement model is in production for the US, EU etc. markets.

and its more unusual that my country still imports 395xp from sweden rather than brazil
given our status being a 3rd world country, brazil made huskies are 61 and 288 that i can think of being brought in here

If the QC is up to scratch ( & I assume it would be) as Husky won't want a shed load of warranty work I wouldn't think it would be any more of a problem than a saw assembled in Sweden They manufacture some good aircraft in Brazil which I would consider more difficult than a chain saw Run it & worry about it if it gives trouble as every mechanical contrivance can & will at some time over it's life span, with any quantity produced mechanical device you will get "Sods law "effectit usually grows in relation to the #'s produced Better QC reduces the #
Springfield 1911 slides and frames are made in Brazil too. And they are fine firearms.

I’d also guess that top quality chainsaws in Brazil are just as much of a necessity as ones here in the states or in Sweden. Brazil has a strong hand In forestry as well, as they do have the densest forests on earth, and I’m sure their forestry industry requires nothing but the best, and Husqvarna knows that quite well. There just might be some top notch quality production chainsaws coming out of a country with such large rainforest and jungles.

I could possibly be dead wrong. But my gut tells me that a heavily forested country knows how to make a good saw. Also, look at it this way. The worst repeating firearm known to man, the Rohm revolver aka Saturday Night Special, was made in Germany…which at the time was a country synonymous with top quality everything. I’m of the opinion that in today’s world market, most countries that produce anything in general both have their good and their bad stuff. It all just depends on how little one said country’s economy is willing to spend on foreign products, then sell them to their customers for as marked up a price as they can.

Again I could be wrong. I am probably wrong. But I do like the way it sounds though.

Latest posts

Back