husqvarna 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her father is trying to talk me into trading him the 395xp for his ms660. Haha

[Dont e="wood chuck, post: 4771422, member: 121781"]Her father is trying to talk me into trading him the 395xp for his ms660. Haha[/quote]

Dont do it, you will be a lot happier with the 395xp

Her father is trying to talk me into trading him the 395xp for his ms660. Haha

That would be a mistake. Maybe a 2 tank old 97 model 066 with dual port, poly flywheel with the non decomp top end.

Like the decals on it. Now when you say 8 pin what exactly do you mean? And what's it do

The number of "teeth" on the drive sprocket/drive rim. More "teeth" translates to higher chain speed, at the expense of torque. 7 pin/teeth is what the factory puts on them. You can replace the rim with an 8 or maybe even a 9 depending on what bar length you're running. My 394 pulled a buried 32" through hackberry today. 7 pin rim. I don't know that it would have been happy with an 8 pin on it at that length, someday I'll have to swap it out and see.

My wife's uncle was supposed to cut this up, the existing cut you see in the round that the saw is setting on is from his MS290. I guess he decided he really didn't have enough saw. :laugh: The tree was cut down by someone else. I helped them split a couple 16' trailer loads of it.
IMG_0023_zps5801081b.jpg

I cut a couple of slabs off so I could set the 1/4's on them and keep my chain out of the dirt. I don't know how many cutters are on 105DL of chain, but it's more than I want to file. I put the 24" back on after I was done so I could fit it in the jeep.
IMG_0024_zpsf13dfeb9.jpg

Gotcha. Thank you. I'm just gonna keep my the same as factory I think. I'd like to have some stuff done to my 2188 tho.
I like that total bar!

For reference I tried the 8-pin on the 28" prior to getting her ported it and also thought it was better off with the 7 pin.
Now however she pulls that 8-pin with authority and can take advantage of the extra chain speed- (at least @ 28").

Latest posts

Back