Husqvarna 435 or Dolmar PS420

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go with the 420. Dont worry so much about small weight difference. remember, metal weighs more than plastic! Also the 420 balances well, has an adjustable oiler and is built way better. You cant go wrong!

what part of ky are you from?i live in lexington and just bought a 510

what part of ky are you from?i live in lexington and just bought a 510

Sorry about the slow reponse! I am in Henry Co, about 40 miles North of Louisville. We are one the better Dolmar dealers so let me know if you ever need anything. We ship all over! Pm me for more info. By the way the 510 is asoldid little saw!!!

dolmar ps 510

Sorry about the slow reponse! I am in Henry Co, about 40 miles North of Louisville. We are one the better Dolmar dealers so let me know if you ever need anything. We ship all over! Pm me for more info. By the way the 510 is asoldid little saw!!!

ill keep you in mind thanks.by the way my 510 seems to bog down a lot in the cut would you know why?i do know they gave me the wrong file when i bought it,but i only used it once,then went back and told them it was the wrong one and they gave me the right one.had to do a little extra work sharpening it back to normal,could this have ruined the chain?it definetly doesent seem to throw the chips out like it used to.also what about goin to a 325 bar and chain would this help?

ill keep you in mind thanks.by the way my 510 seems to bog down a lot in the cut would you know why?i do know they gave me the wrong file when i bought it,but i only used it once,then went back and told them it was the wrong one and they gave me the right one.had to do a little extra work sharpening it back to normal,could this have ruined the chain?it definetly doesent seem to throw the chips out like it used to.also what about goin to a 325 bar and chain would this help?

Sounds like vou filed down the depth guide to much. Are you sure about the quality of your filing? There is a lot of info here. No need to go to the 325.

Could well be the chain. Either have it ground back to spec or replace Oregon or Winsor non safety. Both will be better than the chain it shipped with

Sounds like vou filed down the depth guide to much. Are you sure about the quality of your filing? There is a lot of info here. No need to go to the 325.

im pretty good at sharpening chains been doin it since i was 12 and im 39 now.so i got good experience.

Could well be the chain. Either have it ground back to spec or replace Oregon or Winsor non safety. Both will be better than the chain it shipped with

the chain that came with it is a full chissle,but it does say dolmar on it.are these not good quality chains?

If it full chisel then should ok. Maybe try to richen up hi spd screw. Try backing out to the stop and put it in wood. Hope this helps

If it full chisel then should ok. Maybe try to richen up hi spd screw. Try backing out to the stop and put it in wood. Hope this helps

It's still under warranty as Ive only bad it a month so I don't want to mess with it and then have a problem and not be covered cause I messed with it. I've ran about two gallons through it already so should I take to were I bought it and see if they'll tune it better for me? They are a dolmar dealer in Georgetown ky.

It's still under warranty as Ive only bad it a month so I don't want to mess with it and then have a problem and not be covered cause I messed with it. I've ran about two gallons through it already so should I take to were I bought it and see if they'll tune it better for me? They are a dolmar dealer in Georgetown ky.

Here at the shop we always start and do an initial tune at time of purchase. Than after 5 or 6 tanks of fuel we retune for max performance. Dont know your dealers procedure?

dolmar ps 510

Here at the shop we always start and do an initial tune at time of purchase. Than after 5 or 6 tanks of fuel we retune for max performance. Dont know your dealers procedure?

when i went to pick it up the dealer did gas and oil it up took it in the back and put the tac on it and said he tuned it.he said he set it at 13,100.but then he said it was kinda bouncing from 12900 to 13100.so not real sure how good he tuned it.so should i take it back and have him try again or go to another dealer and see if they do it better?id bring it to you but your just a little to far away. Also why didnt he tune it for max rpm at13,500?

the chain that came with it is a full chissle,but it does say dolmar on it.are these not good quality chains?

The chain you have is safety chain need to find some real chain. Like some Oregon LPX or Woodland pro at Bailey's.

The chain you have is safety chain need to find some real chain. Like some Oregon LPX or Woodland pro at Bailey's.

I know what a safety chain looks like and this is not. It's a full chisel chain I even ask the dealer cause he thought it came with a safety chain and he said that he was wrong that it is a chisel chain

when i went to pick it up the dealer did gas and oil it up took it in the back and put the tac on it and said he tuned it.he said he set it at 13,100.but then he said it was kinda bouncing from 12900 to 13100.so not real sure how good he tuned it.so should i take it back and have him try again or go to another dealer and see if they do it better?id bring it to you but your just a little to far away. Also why didnt he tune it for max rpm at13,500?

Sounds like your dealer is pretty sharp. Thats where I would started too. I like to tune a little below max at first.Better during break in. Let him take it up to 13,300 or so now you should be fine!

Sounds like your dealer is pretty sharp. Thats where I would started too. I like to tune a little below max at first.Better during break in. Let him take it up to 13,300 or so now you should be fine!

Thanks for the info. I'll probaly take it today since my saw stays in the jeep with me.might even buy another chain too. Should I stay with the full chisel or try something else?

Thanks for the info. I'll probaly take it today since my saw stays in the jeep with me.might even buy another chain too. Should I stay with the full chisel or try something else?

Do you cut much dirty wood???
If so you might want to try a loop of semi chisel.

Mike

Latest posts

Back