Husqvarna 435 x-torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasse

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a question regarding warm start ups. My father has a 435 ( I like Stihl saws better...) that is really tricky to start when it is warm. Normal to start when cold. What can I do or what can be done so it start easier when warm? He is really mad and I always take my saws with me if we shall saw something at his place....
I have told him to take it back to the dealer for adjustment...

Regards
Rasse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Set it on fast idle when warm starting, if you haven't tried that already. (Put the switch on choke and then take it off)

Has any attempt to adjust the "L" mixture been made?

That is what I have found out also and told him to do, BUT I am not sure that he is not pulling one or two times before pushing it back. He "always" know best.....
Next time I will start it when it's warm to be sure that it has been done correctly

He is an expert on messing up his computer and it looks like he is an "expert" on saws too.

Chris-pa

I do not have the tool but it was back to the dealer for tune in after a gallon or two of fuel so it should be ok

Probably it's best if you try it. It's hard to tell over the internet if it is too rich, too lean or the starting procedure isn't being followed. I don't have a 435, but my experience with other small strato engined saws is that they can be a little picky about L mixture settings.

Ok, i will do that. Normally is that we are busy so it easier to take my saw that I know will start with one to two pulls when warm.
But big thanks to you all that you confirmed that I am on the right track.

And a good start to you all on this year

Both of you sit down and read the owners manual for starters, theres a lot of usefull information in that little book, especially under the starting section.

Latest posts

Back