Husqvarna 435e II will not oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I agreed to fix this saw as I owed a friend money. It's been a losing battle where now it's costing me triple time.

Saw would not oil. Very low hour, just stopped he said.

Tank spotless, passages all clear. No debris in the oil pump body. No damage to drive gears. Messed with it so much that I wrecked the clutch taking it on and off. 4 hours.

Figured the aluminum pump cylinder was worn out of spec. Replaced the piston shaft/gear, cylinder, and hose and clutch. Same problem, no oil.

Through more messing around, seemed to begin to get oil. Tiny bit... A shimmer. But... Clutch locks up very shortly when I'm out in the field using it. The worm gear on the crank is now mashed and melted and binds the drum when you tighten the clutch. 3 hours.

I'm basically doing more and more damage the more I work on it and if you take off the pump hose oil just runs out of the saw but won't pump it. I could find absolutely nothing wrong with the pump worm gear so I didn't replace it. Now I have buy and pay shipping on that part because somehow I destroyed it.
The only thing I can think of is that the wire spring wrapped around the plastic walked down the shaft somehow, the pictures I'm seeing online seem like the it's further down the shaft even though there is a plastic stop the wire is engaged on clearly on my part. You can feel the worm meshing the shaft gear when putting it on the crank even

Getting a bit frustrated.

Assuming the oiler gear is still good(or you’ve replaced it), try draining the oil tank, and just fill it with something thin, ie old mix gas, etc. Run it and see if this helps. I’ve gotten a few to work this way. Of course, the rest of the system was working, or assumed to be, working properly .
There might be something crapped up in the oil pump, and the mix gas might dissolve it.
Good luck...

I had one thought for you in case this was the problem. The pump must move back and forth as well as spin around to pump oil. See that track on one end of the pump rod, that is grooved around in a crooked path? That is for jigging it back and forth to pump oil. It fits into a pin placed into the case. In the picture below the pin is missing. If it is missing on your saw it will not pump oil. Mike
435.jpg

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/h...114518.html?osCsid=u4emdn8otidrgvg0v2h83p4su3
Needle roller part number 6? Goes in the smooth groove of the piston gear? This diagram sucks not sure.

I'm not by the saw but don't recall seeing any pins that engage drive gear at all. I've pretty much ruined the plastic deal that the clutch drives, will need to replace that at least if there is a magic pin its the perfect excuse make another order! Thanks for the tip, what a relief.

Saw fixr, that was one of the first things I had the owner try. I did it 4 times. Went through this struggle on a bunch of Stihl saws recently.

I had a husky drive me crazy like this once. The worm drives the piston and the piston spins..the head of the piston rides on a pin that forces it to move back and forth...mine was a problem with that pin and how the piston rode on it...its been a while.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Yep clean, believe me, I like to check all the easy stuff first. Instead of paying my friend back with a quick tank / bar groove cleaning I've sunk about 12 hours and $60 in parts. Has to be the pin deal these guys are talking about.

Just need to make sure I get the right part.

Back