Husqvarna 44 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Wacker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i traded for a husqvarna 44 on Christmas eve. and i was just wondering if it would make a difference if i ported it or don't port it? i already did a muffler mod on it and made a little difference that you can tell. but i wanting to make a big difference that i can tell.Any advice would be appreciated

i traded for a husqvarna 44 on Christmas eve. and i was just wondering if it would make a difference if i ported it or don't port it? i already did a muffler mod on it and made a little difference that you can tell. but i wanting to make a big difference that i can tell.Any advice would be appreciated
You made a great trade. Best small saw ever made in my opinion. Had one for a number of years and cut bukoo wood with it. Mine wasn't modded or ported and ran like a raped ape. Cut and enjoy and if you want to get rid of it just let me know. Good going!

here is a video of it running without the top cover and bar and chain.

[video=youtube_share;F-l4dri24uU]http://youtu.be/F-l4dri24uU[/video]

Plenty of room for porting. I am going to port one of mine at some point in time. Just because. Carb is a tad small. When I do mine I'll look for a bigger carb that I can make work. Agree w/cheeves all of mine cut way bigger than size. And no you can't have one. Well maybe.
Shep

Last edited:
They cut like a 50cc saw already.. BTW you can mod a husky 61-272 bucking spike to fit fairly easy :)

I like them so much I sold my ported NE346xp and got 4 of them and 2 are ported.I only run 13" bars on mine now with no chain break.I did beat a stock MS260 3.2hp with my first ported 44,so yes I would port one there are worth it.

Back