Husqvarna 502503010 service tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is needed? No not really. Does it make the job easier and faster yes, I also think it will set the seals at the right depth in the case. I don't have them for those model saws but I do for the 365/372 series and they work like a champ. What saws are working on? The service manual should tell you witch tools are needed.

Jeremy

Hei Tor,

again you dont need it, there would be a ton of pro mechanics that dont use any branded special tools, but im not a pro. I have/had a few 266's a few 272's and a few 288's so it made sense for me to get them. They do work very well. The only one ive had a prblem with was the flywheel removal tool Part. No. 502 51 49-02, the ring that bolts to the flywheel is too thin and prone to bending when trying to remove old stuck on flywheels......

alternatively you can use the closest size socket as a drift for your seals, just make sure they go in square and seat to the correct depth. On that note the special tool Part. No. 502 50 53-01 is great for installing the seal over the crankshaft lip.

Kicking a bit life in this thread.
Got the 502 50 30 10 set, and it should fit on 254/262, is there other Husky models it fit on?
The saws I will do overhaul this year is:
3-4 x 254
3 x 262, pluss sealing ring on number 4
1 x 266, maybe only sealing ring
1 x 362
1 x 372

Any other service tools that could be nice to have, specially for 254/266.

Worm gear puller for the older models that are pressed on, is it needed NO, but if you get the flywheel kit all you need is the other puller part.

Jeremy

Back