Husqvarna 540T ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually all of the threads I have read end up recommending the makita offerings over either husky or stihl due to the cost element...so it is what it is...another stihl vs husky pissing contest...nothing more nor less.
Ken, as long as that 540 works fine for you, I am happy. It's guts where in great condition. I guess some people never talk to people that run 540's. Someone says, never hear good reviews about a 540. I never hear good reviews of 200T or 201. Sounds like crap, it is, I live in an area where Stihl is junk. Ace hardware saws. So are they? Nope. I have ran a few, brother has one, but Husqvarna is big here because of an outstanding dealer. Repaired a few Stihls and people are not happy with parts cost, especially if they own a Husky and have purchased parts.

Window shopping now. Just looked at a 201T. Heading to another dealer to look at the Husky and on the way I'll look at the echo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Done shopping, the Husky dealer didn't have a 540 until maybe next week. Also went to 2 Echo dealers and no 355's.
Went to 3 Stihl dealers and walked out of the last one with the 201 with a 16" bar.
Went out back and cut for a few and I'm happy!

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.
693f755da46d6a389d109254fadbf23a.jpg

Pricey little bastards aren't they?
Yeah, but considering buying a used 200t it really wasn't much more by the time you add a bar and a couple chains and possibly a lil work if it's needed.

I'm pleased and it's already in my hand and I don't have to wait for it or work on it.

Yeah, but considering buying a used 200t it really wasn't much more by the time you add a bar and a couple chains and possibly a lil work if it's needed.

I'm pleased and it's already in my hand and I don't have to wait for it or work on it.

and in the end if it does what you want it to do, thats all that matters...said it several times, the only thing that matters is it it makes you happy...that and service requirements (local service vice self repair vice parts availability) as long as you can get the service level you want...then all else is golden.

Pricey little bastards aren't they?

Hence why I went with the 193, I can buy two for the price of a 201 and at the end of the day it puts the tree on the ground, or at least the branches anyways. If I was making better than 70,000 a year doing trees, I'd probably have a handful of 201C's though.

Hence why I went with the 193, I can buy two for the price of a 201 and at the end of the day it puts the tree on the ground, or at least the branches anyways. If I was making better than 70,000 a year doing trees, I'd probably have a handful of 201C's though.

At $70k the 201 paid for itself a little over 100x

At $70k the 201 paid for itself a little over 100x

Maybe net pay sure, there's a lot more into the cost of taking a tree down than just one chainsaw. I guess my point would need to be made more clear.

Congrats on the new saw OP! Wait until you've got 10 or more tanks through that thing, it'll run like a scalded ape. You'll notice it getting increasingly more powerful and smoother with each tank. I haven't seen anyone run a 16" B&C on one yet, but I think it has more than enough power to do so.

Congrats on the new saw OP! Wait until you've got 10 or more tanks through that thing, it'll run like a scalded ape. You'll notice it getting increasingly more powerful and smoother with each tank. I haven't seen anyone run a 16" B&C on one yet, but I think it has more than enough power to do so.

I'm sure it does too, I believe that human fella on youtube runs that setup though I've never seen it buried. My 193 has no issues with a 12" setup, buzzes through anything under 6" fast enough that I rarely make an undercut to drop branches in the air. I would think with the 201, I could probably leave my 261 on the ground instead.

I'm sure it does too, I believe that human fella on youtube runs that setup though I've never seen it buried. My 193 has no issues with a 12" setup, buzzes through anything under 6" fast enough that I rarely make an undercut to drop branches in the air. I would think with the 201, I could probably leave my 261 on the ground instead.
he is an interesting cat..kinda like the wranglerstar of aborists.... bwa ha ha ha ha

he is an interesting cat..kinda like the wranglerstar of aborists.... bwa ha ha ha ha

That's a pretty accurate portrayal lol. If you watch the videos where he explains his past then you begin to understand his odd behavior at times. I like his videos, boring at times, but he keeps things interesting.

The OP should get a light bar in 12" or 14". Much lighter & better balanced than a standard 'E' 16" on a 201. But he at least bought a good saw, IMO the 201tc is the best 35cc top handle currently on the market. But after running reduced weight bars its very hard to buy anything else these days.

The OP should get a light bar in 12" or 14". Much lighter & better balanced than a standard 'E' 16" on a 201. But he at least bought a good saw, IMO the 201tc is the best 35cc top handle currently on the market. But after running reduced weight bars its very hard to buy anything else these days.
It had a 14" B&C on it and for 10$ you can upgrade to the 16", that's why I did it. I figured that was hard to beat. I can always make a change down the road and there has been a few times I would have liked the longer bar on a T saw instead of running my 357xp.
I did run it in a 14-15" oak log that's partially seasoned and it pulled well for only being started twice. I believe the chain is 3/8 lopro.

While I agree that a 12" or 14" bar is better suited for the 201T (I run a 14") I personally feel that the Light bar is a waste of money at that size. I don't think you see the benefits in terms of balance until you get over 20" and even the 28" bar on my 441R is somewhat debatable because the balance is only slightly forward of the PH. I do think a 28" Light bar would be better than the standard ES on my 441R, but at what upgrade/investment cost versus my standard run times? If I ever get a 25" B/C for it I'll likely buy the Light bar simply because the investment is worth it when you don't already own that size bar in the standard weight IMHO.

If you like it & are happy & it does what you want it matters little what I'd do. Besides 16" will load it up nice for a strong break in. I just have a few of the Stihl TH's & like the light bars. I have a rear handle 201 that's kinda cool saw.

Back