Husqvarna 545 compression 110-120 lbs ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kamp45

kamp45

ArboristSite Lurker
I recently purchased a Husqvarna 545 well after about 10 hrs or 7 tanks of fuel the compression reads 100 lbs. I thought this was a little on the low side so i called Huaqvarna got nowear. Next i called baileys and they informed me that 110-120lbs is normal . Any thoughts on this? My Echo cs600 is 145lbs and my dolmar 6400 is 170lbs.

Fishnuts2

Fishnuts2

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
I'd check my 2252 Jonsered with about 10 tanks through it, but don't have a compression tester that fits those small spark plug holes.
I'd think it has more than 100lbs or why put a compression release on them?
Make sure the release is closing properly too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

traktorz

traktorz

ArboristSite Operative
Why did you test the comp? Having a gut feeling it doesn't have the nominal power?

I agree a comp test is a very easy way to check the condition of a chainsaw.

What is the status of the saw? Does it start easily? Any performance issues when warm or cold? Any performance increase if changing the oil mix from 2% to 3% since should have a positive effect on compression.

kamp45

kamp45

ArboristSite Lurker
Why did you test the comp? Having a gut feeling it doesn't have the nominal power?

I agree a comp test is a very easy way to check the condition of a chainsaw.

What is the status of the saw? Does it start easily? Any performance issues when warm or cold? Any performance increase if changing the oil mix from 2% to 3% since should have a positive effect on compression.
I check the compression on all my saws when nearly new 7-10 tanks of fuel this way i can tell when the saw is getting tired and perhaps a need for a rebuild.

RedFir Down

RedFir Down

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
bigtuna

bigtuna

ArboristSite Operative
Ya mine runs fine, bit of hesitation on the trigger, was that way on the very first run , in the cut its full on. Actually more than a bit.

Latest posts