Husqvarna 55 Cracked Off Case - Worth Replacing? Or Ignore?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repair Options:

• Is it essential to replace case

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pgtr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It's probably been like this for who knows how long before I stumbled across a piece of cast metal wedged between the case. And I've used it several times over the last couple years since discovering the broken tab. It wraps around a damper mount under the plastic mount plate on the side. There's several other places that secure the case to the rest of the assembly. I can't see where this one mount being partially broken off makes a difference.

* Is it essential that I replace this? (would require mostly disassembling the saw to get that half of the case off, new gaskets and securing a good used half of a case and time of course...)?

* Effect a 'work around' fix by mounting a small bolt thru the mounting plate and into the hollow rubber mount?

* Ignore it as I have been for a while now and keep cutting a few times a year...?

thanks

38018271694_e08f4fe825_k.jpg

It's probably been like this for who knows how long before I stumbled across a piece of cast metal wedged between the case. And I've used it several times over the last couple years since discovering the broken tab. It wraps around a damper mount under the plastic mount plate on the side. There's several other places that secure the case to the rest of the assembly. I can't see where this one mount being partially broken off makes a difference.

* Is it essential that I replace this? (would require mostly disassembling the saw to get that half of the case off, new gaskets and securing a good used half of a case and time of course...)?

* Effect a 'work around' fix by mounting a small bolt thru the mounting plate and into the hollow rubber mount?

* Ignore it as I have been for a while now and keep cutting a few times a year...?

thanks

38018271694_e08f4fe825_k.jpg
Ive got a case

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! Think I'll just put it back together and keep on cutting. Need to order a few parts for it while it's apart including a new tensioner adjustment screw, side cover screw and maybe a spare spark plug.

thanks again

Thanks everyone! Think I'll just put it back together and keep on cutting. Need to order a few parts for it while it's apart including a new tensioner adjustment screw, side cover screw and maybe a spare spark plug.

thanks again
If you want to although not necessary.You can JB weld that piece back on.JB weld works great on magnesium and aluminum if prepped properly.

Back