Husqvarna 55 Rancher Need new B/C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvtofu

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My 55 Rancher needs a new bar, and chain. I know most of you cut for a living. Do you have any suggestions. I mostly cut hard woods. I have an 18inch on it now but want to know if I can get a bigger b/c. I don't care what brand, just want something that cuts good. Thanks

I'm running an Arborpro 20" narrow kerf .325 from Baileys'. It pulls it much better than a regular bar, but you can run either, it will just bog down more with the standard 20". They are cheap too!

I'm running an Arborpro 20" narrow kerf .325 from Baileys'. It pulls it much better than a regular bar, but you can run either, it will just bog down more with the standard 20". They are cheap too!

I think I got a 3/8 on there now so what all will I need to change?

Willsaw4beer is right, this saw is best with a 16" bar, but the NK 20" works fine as well...except when felling, it tends to bind up easy. If you are just bucking, or falling smaller trees, the NK bar is fine. If you change to .325 make sure you use a 7 pin rim sprocket, If you go to a 16", 7 or 8 is fine.

Back