Husqvarna 562xp vs 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember that the currently availiable 372xp is the heavier XT version, it isn't really the 372xp that became legendary! ;)

no, its better out of the box. period. it didn't gain any weight. I don't care what YOUR specs say. Real word use says they are the same.

Awesome input and opinions. Thanks everyone. I was worried about the 372xp being phased out, and not being able to find parts for it etc. I was pretty settled on the 562xp, and it sounds like that saw will suit my needs well. I was a little freaked out by the new "autotune" and how that will affect user servicablity- but it sounds like there are a lot of satisfied owners so far!

Most 372xp saws actually left the factory with the low top, and that is the version the specs were for - the high top/HD filter really was an option, even though it was more or less standard in the US. I haven't really checked how that is with the XT ones...

No US sold 371/372xp came with a low top, uness it was an xpg. That is why everyone here thinks when they see a low top "365" cover, it is less performing and has to have the high top. They don't know that the high top was never available with heated handles, but those aren't very common in 90% of the US

no, its better out of the box. period. it didn't gain any weight. I don't care what YOUR specs say. Real word use says they are the same.
You actually are the first one to ever state that, as it has looked to me.

The best specs I have found tells me that the real weight of the original 372 is quite close to the specs of the XT ones, but still a little bit lower. The info I lack is of course the real weight of the XT version.....

No US sold 371/372xp came with a low top, uness it was an xpg. That is why everyone here thinks when they see a low top "365" cover, it is less performing and has to have the high top. They don't know that the high top was never available with heated handles, but those aren't very common in 90% of the US

I didn't know that no US sold ones had it, but the specs nevertheless was for the low-top version, not the high-top. And yes, I know it was different with the xpg.

Of course it was a mistake to sell the high-top as standard, in conditions where the HD set-up was not needed, but that's another story....

Last edited:
There is no replacement for displacement. For $60 difference I would be all over the 372. That is my honest answer to your exact question.

There are, however, instances where a 60cc saw may be better suited to the application than a 70cc saw. Those instances are few, in my opinion.

If a healthy male that USES a saw could only have ONE saw, a 70cc would be the size to have, without a doubt, IN MY AREA, In My Opinion.

I would rather have a GOOD, USED 50cc/70cc combo, than ONE NEW 60cc. I own, and use, a 262xp and a 359. What they do, my 372 does better.

A GOOD 50cc saw is a very wise choice for many people's honest needs.

The ACTUAL difference in weight between the 'classic' 372 and the 372'XT' is something like 3-6 oz. I have a hard time getting over that small weight gain, but it really is negligible on a 14 lb saw.

There is no replacement for displacement. .....

This is not an attack on you, but that is one of the most silly statements I see (I see it often) - it never has been anywhere close to true, when conditions and rules change - only when they remain the same (and not always then either). :msp_sneaky:

I Have Not Used a 372xt, but given a choice, I will stick with my 'old school' ones.

I respect your opinion, but I'm still sticking with the old, as long as I can.

I'm hammerheaded, sometimes.

This is not an attack on you, but that is one of the most silly statements I see (I see it often) - it never has been anywhere close to true, when conditions and rules change - only when they remain the same (and not always then either). :msp_sneaky:

I'm going to stick with my 'silly' statement, with regards to the 60cc/70cc discussion ONLY.

Given a choice between PRO 60cc or PRO 70cc, I'll go with the 70cc every time, unless we're just Brushin'. The weight savings is just not there.

I mostly use a 50cc saw in my current cutting circumstances. And I LIKE it.

I also did say, in my very next paragraph, That there were instances where a 60cc would be the better choice. (Though few.)

Last edited:
You are right about "prettier", but totally wrong about the feel of the handlebar - it is borderline to a liability, and surely not natural....:D

I won't try to debate preferences, but I really like the J'red handlebar better, even limbing.

Isn't there some kind of saw competition over there in the 'old world'? Seems like some of those ol' boys can limb with a Jonny.

Subjective/Objective

I also did say, in my very next paragraph, That there were instances where a 60cc would be the better choice. (Though few.)
There is no such "rule" - a 60cc saw is more suitable than a 70cc one in many conditions, when it is suitable to trade off a little power for a lighter weight and better handling.
This providing that the 70cc saw has more power, which usually is the case, but not always.

I won't try to debate preferences, but I really like the J'red handlebar better, even limbing.

Isn't there some kind of saw competition over there in the 'old world'? Seems like some of those ol' boys can limb with a Jonny.

Subjective/Objective

I guess you like to bend your left wrist sideways then - each to their own! :msp_sneaky:

There is no such "rule" - a 60cc saw is more suitable than a 70cc one in many conditions, when it is suitable to trade off a little power for a lighter weight and better handling.
This providing that the 70cc saw has more power, which usually is the case, but not always.

If I'm above 50cc territory, I'm going for the 70cc. That's just me. I'm Ok with me being me.

I'm not saying that you should get rid of your ms361. I'm not getting rid of my 262xp.

I'm not trying to make silly 'rules', and I'm TRYING to AGREE with you that a 'tweener' 60cc does occasionally have its place.

I threw that 'tweener' in there just to keep you a little stirred.

Happy New Year!! It just turned, where I am.

I really would like to try someone else's 500p, just to see if it FEELS lighter. Just not with my $.

According to the UK specs I saw, that saw isn't lighter than a 346xp - and heavier than a 550xp - but how did that topic end up in this thread? :alien2:

According to the UK specs I saw, that saw isn't lighter than a 346xp - and heavier than a 550xp - but how did that topic end up in this thread? :alien2:

Trying to trick you with redirection.

Well played. I doubt that EchDaiwa is as light as they say it is, But you know how some folks are about that p'ticular shade of orange.

Trying to trick you with redirection.

Well played. I doubt that EchDaiwa is as light as they say it is, But you know how some folks are about that p'ticular shade of orange.

You mean "dumpster orange"? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Back