Husqvarna 576xp wrecked

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnT34

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just picked up a 576xp from my local dealer with a blown top end. Got it off them in a deal for a Jonsered 670 that they had taken in as a trade. 50 bucks for the 576xp which is a 2010 non auto tune saw
Anyway the attached photos sum up the issue it looks to me like a ring failed and took out the piston and cylinder
So I need some advice from the experts as I plan on rebuilding this saw
1. Will I need to rebuild the bottom end with new seals and bearings
2 Does anyone know the part numbers for the crankshaft puller and the seal seating tool providing the bottom end needs doing

Thanks JohnIMG_0809.jpgIMG_0810.jpgIMG_0811.jpgIMG_0812.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pre-ignition and detonation damage, and at this stage it's hard to guess what caused what. Just be sure to check the ignition timing is fine before turning the saw on... you never know.
A bottom end rebuild would be advisable, for no other reason so much material came off that piston it could have ended up anywhere. better to err on the safe side here.

100%

Full rebuild. Definitely full teardown and inspection.

That's pre-ignition and detonation damage, and at this stage it's hard to guess what caused what. Just be sure to check the ignition timing is fine before turning the saw on... you never know.
A bottom end rebuild would be advisable, for no other reason so much material came off that piston it could have ended up anywhere. better to err on the safe side here.

No other advice necessary.

I think I will go the full rebuild route on it
Any ideas on the compatibility of the crankshaft puller from a 372xp to be used on the 576cp
Thanks

Just decided I would update on this saw as it is now fully rebuilt
Made my own splitter from a piece of angle iron
Split the case and Put new bearings and seals in it
Put new OEM top end on it had to put a new knee joint on the chain brake
New plug fuel filter and a few screws that were missing
New decals all round
Also put a used 24” bar and new Oregon 73 lpx chain on it
All in it owes me €450 fully finished
The most difficult part of the whole process was finding the correct puller to assemble the crankcase and crankshaft IMG_0841.jpgIMG_0840.jpgIMG_0839.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice build! Those saws are way under rated simply because not many people have ran them. Ive been running them since they first came out and the 575xp prior to them. They are a tad heavier than the venerable 372xp but they are smoother and have more torque IMHO.

Nice build! Those saws are way under rated simply because not many people have ran them. Ive been running them since they first came out and the 575xp prior to them. They are a tad heavier than the venerable 372xp but they are smoother and have more torque IMHO.

I agree they are a chunky saw not as nimble and light as the 372 but is smoother in the cut and seems like it has more power.

Latest posts

Back