Husqvarna Auto tune chainsaws 562xp 555 550

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never owned an autotune Husqvarna as of this post but I do own a lot of Husqvarna saws. My newest saw is a 2007 Husqvarna 357xp which has never seen fuel............ so, I am still waiting for feedback on the early autotunes and if any have held up since 2012?

Once 562s get 500 plus hours on them the plastic bearing cages can let go...
That will smoke the crank seals.
The jug and piston will be fine unless there run to long in limp mode...
This is with pro production use timber falling.
I have never seized one yet... piss revers will take out the lower rod bearing .

I bought an early 562 for a logger. It lived a hard life but held up well. A log skidder finally killed it. My seldom used 2260 has not given me any problems.

I have rebuilt a couple 550 & 562s, running a log whizzer or straight gasing them seems to be a problem. Running a saw half throttle under load is hard on them. My el-46 562 and rebuilt 550 are nice saws. Owned a 2018 55a 562 and ran great, sold it, because everyone is gun shy of my el-46 ported saw.

Once 562s get 500 plus hours on them the plastic bearing cages can let go...
That will smoke the crank seals.
The jug and piston will be fine unless there run to long in limp mode...
This is with pro production use timber falling.
I have never seized one yet... piss revers will take out the lower rod bearing .

Holy smokes 500 hours? I’ve plugged in so many saws from guys claiming insane usage times and I think maybe once have I seen a saw over 500 hours [emoji23] thousands of starts, sure, but actually hours logged on the AT unit nah.

I would say that the biggest issue is heat. Ran a 555 and 550 in Wisconsin for a couple years. Winter, no problems. 90 degrees and humid you better let the saw cool in the shade a while after fueling. My opinion the saws run a touch lean and porting them/modify the muffler to get heat out only helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Holy smokes 500 hours? I’ve plugged in so many saws from guys claiming insane usage times and I think maybe once have I seen a saw over 500 hours [emoji23] thousands of starts, sure, but actually hours logged on the AT unit nah.
One of the 3 562s I built last year had 700 hours on it. No idea what the other 2 had as I didn't have to reprogram anything with them. Ive been running 1 of them for close to 18 months now cutting timber. It still runs as good today as it did the day I built it. I estimate that little saw is getting really close to having cut 2 million board ft of timber by now. Ive been thoroughly impressed with it to say the least!

I20200405_102100.jpg.

I was checking data on my 550 Hybrid so since it was out I grabbed an el 48 562 carb out of a pile that need new nozzles. This was the first one I hooked up 700 plus hrs with over 5000 starts...

Latest posts

Back