Husqvarna Autotune Diagnostic Software

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tothemax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello. I do all of the saw maintenance at the local FD. We are looking at getting some new saws and they are all autotuned. I cannot get a straight answer if an individual or an FD can get the software for diagnostic capabilities. Does anyone here have the answer? I called the local dealer and they said no. I called Husqvarna and no one there knew. We cant afford to have the saw down for months waiting on the dealership. Please let me know.

Thanks

Hello. I do all of the saw maintenance at the local FD. We are looking at getting some new saws and they are all autotuned. I cannot get a straight answer if an individual or an FD can get the software for diagnostic capabilities. Does anyone here have the answer? I called the local dealer and they said no. I called Husqvarna and no one there knew. We cant afford to have the saw down for months waiting on the dealership. Please let me know.

Thanks
It's unlikely it's available to the public for a few reasons, but even if that's the case it shouldn't really be necessary for maintenance or most repairs.

There's a lot you don't need it for:

1) General maintenance
2) Compression test
3) Spark and ignition tests
4) Vacuum/seal tests

Autotune just optimizes fuel mixture for temperature and elevation. Unless you specifically encounter an issue where the fuel mixture is creating havoc I don't see it being a real obstacle.

The procedure to plug the saw in and get a data pull takes about 1-2 minutes so I don't see you spending too much time waiting at shops for output. If you're with a FD the local Husky dealer should be giving you priority anyway.

Good luck :)

Fire department saws shouldn't need tons of work. I mean cut a tree up enough to push it off the road and out of the way so traffic can get through. That's what the fire department does around our place. In fact, about 6 or so years ago the one fireman showed me there 3 saws and they had some badazz sweet nice vintage saws. a really clean 036 and 044 and a really nice old Echo with a roof cutting attachment on it. They never got used much at all.

I don't understand who would need the diagnostic secrets from a firehall. Even a big city fire department with a huge budget

Strange comments, ever see a firesaw/rescue saw?

There are huge temperature issues whether you are a smoke jumper or volunteer at a local station. Not to mention the air problems either.

Going to be a little hard to setup an autotune to behave in the middle of a rescue.

2f8e2bac68a8adf8100c7d3cb246837b.gif

Our local Husqvarna shop is not the best. They take forever and will not prioritize, hence why we do all our own maintenance. I need the unit to help keep units updated, diagnose issues, etc.

I acquired the diagnostic unit from another dealership that ordered it for me. They are no longer a servicing shop but they can order the unit. Is there a way to keep up with software updates?

We actually use our saws a lot. Not just cutting a tree out of the road twice a year. We have Vent saws, rescue saws, wildland saws, and K12s. I bet in all we have 30+ on the dept.

Have you tried contacting husky directly and explaining your situation? Might be a chance they will grant it to you with or without a course.

It's unlikely it's available to the public for a few reasons, but even if that's the case it shouldn't really be necessary for maintenance or most repairs.

There's a lot you don't need it for:

1) General maintenance
2) Compression test
3) Spark and ignition tests
4) Vacuum/seal tests

Autotune just optimizes fuel mixture for temperature and elevation. Unless you specifically encounter an issue where the fuel mixture is creating havoc I don't see it being a real obstacle.

The procedure to plug the saw in and get a data pull takes about 1-2 minutes so I don't see you spending too much time waiting at shops for output. If you're with a FD the local Husky dealer should be giving you priority anyway.

Good luck :)
Does this mean if I rebuild my saw, I’ll need this software to make it run?

Does this mean if I rebuild my saw, I’ll need this software to make it run?
I dont know about Husky, but you dont need it for a rebuild on a Stihl I dont use the one at work for months at a time.
A large waste of money in my opinion. I do have to use it some to get a warranty through if it was a lean burn up

Have you tried contacting husky directly and explaining your situation? Might be a chance they will grant it to you with or without a course.

I did call them. Their cs is pretty basic and I could not get a quality response other than " the dealership can help you".

I did call them. Their cs is pretty basic and I could not get a quality response other than " the dealership can help you".
Yeah, that's not the person you want to talk to. You need a deeper contact.

I would bet they have an inside rep dedicated to military and EMS/ERT.

I agree. Trying to find said person is going to be difficult.

If it’s not on the script just say “your local dealer can help you” if you have 30 plus saws all they see is a bag of money when you walk through the door. They won’t want you to fix your own saws

I agree. Trying to find said person is going to be difficult.
Well, depending on your location you could always issue an RFP on Ariba, BidNet, or whatever the state procurement system is. That should shake them out of the bushes.

Failing that, you could always solicit a priority maintainance contract.

Well, depending on your location you could always issue an RFP on Ariba, BidNet, or whatever the state procurement system is. That should shake them out of the bushes.

Failing that, you could always solicit a priority maintainance contract.
I have never heard of those. We just research the best price and purchase directly from them. Its pretty easy.

Okay, I bought the diagnostic tool but there was no disc and no real instructions on how to get updates. Can anyone help? Thanks

The original service tool came with physical software but shortly after they went server based. You have to be a dealer with dealer log in to access update info and diagnostics now. The model would not have to be flashed after a rebuild but if the coil and or carb was replaced you would have to enter both numbers to flash the software.

Is the software available somewhere? Aftermarket?
It's hosted on their server and only accessed by flashing through the tool so I do not see how a copy could be obtained. Either way, I don't find it necessary. Basic diagnostics are still done manually like any other saw. Only issue would be flashing a new replacement module which takes literally ten minutes at the dealer.

Latest posts

Back