Husqvarna chainsaw models explained

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
372XP Saws are a True Testament to Husky!

I've never owned a Husky, mainly due to the lack of Dealer Service in my area. But i ran a lot of fuel through several of them for years clearing storm debris as far back as 1997, and if i could i would buy one of those very saws this instant! In my opinion that is the single best saw for the money that Husky has ever made! We have a Dealer close by now and I'm in the market for a 70-90cc saw now to pull atleast a 28" full skip for tackling Big Georgia Oaks & Hickorys so I'm gonna give em a serious look.

I would recommend a 372XP for your Big saw.

On a side note, i've found the Canadian and US site to be a bit different. The US site splits XP, Robust user, and all around users.
The Canadian site splits between professional and non-professional.

Not to drag this thread out, but i find the best bang for buck to be the 555. Although it's not an XP saw, it passes the CC requirements, and seems to be about $150 cheaper than the comparable XP saw...
I had my mind set around the XP series of saws, but am realizing that it's not a an absolute...

Don't worry about the website's classifications, they're all the same saws. Here in Ontario Husqvarna's pro saw pricing is out the window compared to Stihl and Dolmar.

Our friends in the US have Husky typically selling for less than a comparable Stihl and just a bit more than a Dolmar, both of which I and others feel are every bit as good.

The XP line are your pro saws and top quality, but there are plenty of good reviews about the 555. Of course, it's not a 562XP but then it isn't selling for almost a grand either.

I've had my original pair of 2000 model year husky 365's for well, since 2000.. they were used professionally for the first two years everyday... that should attest to their build quality and longevity. I just bought a newer 2012 (used) 372xp X torque and love it too. Both saws are very comfortable running a 20" bar for most duties, yet they will wear a 24" or 28" and pull it just fine if the need arises. here is mine from last weekend with a 25" bar.

0113AF68-0132-4D01-A476-AAFEBAF5A27A-946-000002DAF3794D4C.jpg

Husqy wearing a Stihl bar -- gotta love it.

Big saws do everything small saws do, but faster, i'd recommend the 70cc as bare minimum, you're a big guy, you're not gonna notice a couple extra pounds, get the 90cc xp class and be done. I'm a little guy, 150 lbs, logged with a 181 and 298xp, packed em around all day, every day. I'm not bragging, but bigger power gets things done faster, and a pro quality saw this size will last a lifetime of firewood cutting if looked after. I don't really understand the appeal of a ported 50 or 60cc saw when an 80 or 90cc will do it all better, a few pounds of weight seems pretty insignificant to me, but to each his own, i'm not knocking them, just don't understand it. Good luck, glad you chose husky xp series!

If looking for bigger, my first recommendation would be 372xp. I have one, pulls a 24" buried in red oak no problem at all, im sure it'll pull a 28" with authority as well. If you dont plan on going much bigger than 24", id recommend the 562xp, good power and weight. Even the 550xp will pull a 20" bar pretty well, and is light.
I had a gen2 husky 555 , autotune, awesome saw, 'but' wouldn't restart in hot weather. The genius,s at husky tilted the cylinder back toward the carb and boiled the gas . I would have to wait 1/2 hour or more to restart in anything over 70 degrees . Great winter saw

Latest posts

Back