Husqvarna Chainsaw nameplates? What saw do I own?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbydrum

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It was recently my birthday and my wife decided to buy me a chainsaw.
We went to Northern tool That's where we purchased a Husqvarna 445 18" .325. This chainsaw is refurbished by manufacture which they call reconditioned. I understand that sometimes some of the stuff is new and some of it is used. Such as the Saw I suspect it is brand-new, As for the chain the H-30 Seems to have been used but sharpened again .
Right out-of-the-box the engine is running a little bit rich with oil coming from muffler. I mix it exactly 50:1 And it four cycles from mid throttle to the full throttle. I understand that I have to have a spline tool to readjust the Jets. But my real question is!
The saw is marked 450 on the nameplate with serial number.
And the decal on the side of the saw is marked 445? After pulling the cap off the saw noticed that the top of the head Is stamped in ink with number 44 adjacent to spark plug.
And of course like usual under the bottom of saw the footplate is a branded letter R Melted into the plastic! So is this saw a 445 or a 450? Look at the images I have uploaded.

Last edited:
I would be more inclined to go with the SN plate. I would guess your saw was returned with a starter problem. Someone installed a 445 starter and reboxed it as a 445.

Last edited:
A 445 would have a 42 on the top of the cylinder

Nice editing work with your pic, btw, Robby.

Not sure where the part #'s are stamped on the husq's but maybe you can take a few peaks at the cylinder and see if you can determine which model you have for sure.

A 16" is much more suitable, but of course you can use a 20" occationally, if you really need it.
It came factory with 18" and it does great!
What is the best.325 chain for my saw I'm cutting locust oaks ash and popular?
Is the H-30 a good chain or do I need an More of an aggressive chain

I noticed on the 350's, 300 series saws, Husqvarna put a sticker with the model and serial number on the fuel tank under the handle bar. Sometimes, the sticker falls on the bench when you take the handle off. You might take your handle off and see if they continued that procedure with the 400 series.

It came factory with 18" and it does great!
What is the best.325 chain for my saw I'm cutting locust oaks ash and popular?
Is the H-30 a good chain or do I need an More of an aggressive chain

There really are only one way to find out, try it yourself.

Oregon LPX is an excellent chisel chain in .325, and you can run 20LPX/Husky H23 on the "pixel" (narrow kerf) bar that really is made for the H30/95VP(X). If that works well, you can use 20LPX in clean wood, and reserve the H30 for dirtier wood (it is semi-chisel).

The saw in question, & plus one for the editing job!

264235d1353976083-husky445-jpg

There really are only one way to find out, try it yourself.

Oregon LPX is an excellent chisel chain in .325, and you can run 20LPX/Husky H23 on the "pixel" (narrow kerf) bar that really is made for the H30/95VP(X). If that works well, you can use 20LPX in clean wood, and reserve the H30 for dirtier wood (it is semi-chisel).

Do i have the pixel bar?

Latest posts

Back