Husqvarna - Crimefighting Superhero !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airbiscuit

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
MEENON TWNSHP—Two arrests for armed burglary was the net result of a very active afternoon for law enforcement officers last Wednesday (Mar. 14).

About 4 p.m., the Burnett County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of an armed robbery to a residence on Connors Bridge Road in the Town of Meenon, approximately six miles northeast of Siren.

The victim reported that upon arriving home from a bike ride they saw a strange van in their driveway. Then a male and female exited from inside of his home saying they needed directions.

The homeowner suspected burglary and physically detained the woman. The male suspect went to the van, returned to the house and threatened him, demanding money and the victim's wallet and cell phone. The homeowner released the woman.

The victim was not injured.

The suspects fled the scene in the van which was located by Burnett County deputies six minutes later in the 5500 block of County Road A. The female suspect was arrested near the van and taken to the Burnett County Jail. There was also a minor child with the female suspect; the child was tuned over to the custody of relatives.

The male suspect fled into a wooded area south of County Road A. Burnett County Deputies, with the assistance of a K-9 Deputy from the Washburn County Sheriff's Office, were able to track and locate the suspect in a wooded area west of Okerlund Road.

To evade capture, the suspect climbed about 20 feet into a tree, refused to surrender and threatened to harm himself. Deputies had the tree cut down. The suspect was transported to a hospital for evaluation, and is currently being held in the Burnett County Jail.

The following law enforcement agencies assisted in the search for and apprehension of the robbery suspects — Washburn County Sheriff's Office, Wisconsin State Patrol, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Siren Police, Webster Police, and the St. Croix Tribal Police.

The Webster Fire Department and North Memorial Ambulance also provided assistance at the scene.

The investigation continues by the Burnett County Sheriff's Office. Names of the suspects are not being released at this time and criminal charges are pending. Details from press release.

Glad they got them and no one got hurt. That needs to happen more often.

Being in law enforcement, I am surprised as heck a police administrator had the sack to cut the tree down to gain access to the micreant. That's good police work in my book! It would never happen in Cali, land of tree huggers, hippies, protesters etc....

I love that the story just cuts to "deputies had the tree cut down.". That's awesome.

Being in law enforcement, I am surprised as heck a police administrator had the sack to cut the tree down to gain access to the micreant. That's good police work in my book! It would never happen in Cali, land of tree huggers, hippies, protesters etc....

The guy with the sack was the firefighter with the chainsaw, who is cutting away while there is a bad guy with a knife above him. They would only let 1 firefighter in because the guy was armed. He cooly walked in, wearing sunglasses, smoking a cigarette and carrying his chainsaw (revving it up like a slasher movie on the way in). Volunteer firefighting at its best!

that was good i love it!!

a old timer down the street from me had two teenagers try to rob him, long story short they underestimated him, they ended up on the kitchen floor handcuffed with zip ties and apparently when Sonoma Co. sheriff arrived they where laughing at the suspects as they where face down and a 80 yo man was poking them with is cane:clap:

The guy with the sack was the firefighter with the chainsaw, who is cutting away while there is a bad guy with a knife above him. They would only let 1 firefighter in because the guy was armed. He cooly walked in, wearing sunglasses, smoking a cigarette and carrying his chainsaw (revving it up like a slasher movie on the way in). Volunteer firefighting at its best!

Yep, but the identity of the brave chainsaw is a highly relevant question! :D:blob2::blob2:

This old hippie right here is very well armed all the time, has been for decades, is an excellent shot with handguns with either hand-simultaneously I might add-along with long guns, rifles and shotguns. And has "thwarted" numerous crimes so far because of that fact, including but not limited to home invasion/burglary, attempted car hijacking and attempted mugging..

I have always been a man of peace, but I also don't take well to bullies (plenty of experience there in my life), criminals, or miscreants, either civvies or otherwise flaunting and abusing some "authority" above the law action they seem to always want to abuse, and of which there are thousands of examples up on the internet now, from outright murder on down.

Stereotypes suck, man, unless you like cop stereotypes and slang terms of derision and such applied to you in a public forum.

Just sayin'

BTW, as someone who supposedly swore some oath to get your job, just FYI, the founding fathers were PROTESTERS and today would be classed as terrorists. Guess you'd be following orders and "detaining" them or killing them or whatever your "superiors" ordered you to do.

The saw used was a Husqvarna

I confirmed with the Fire Chief that it was a Husqvarna 450. Nothing fancy, but enough to take down a criminal ... if you get my drift.

It does take guts to cut it down. If the perp got hurt , he would sue. Police these days can't make decisions like we used to. You called a 'boss' for a dead guy and a building collapse. Even then, experienced supv'rs just did a drive by. Nowadays, everything requires the meeting of the minds.

Another option would have been to use a fire hose. Or a bucket and a shotgun. We would get the occasional guy who climbed an alley wall and woudn't come down. C batteries or rocks. Mere threat and it was over.

Main thing is no tree or some perp is worth a cop or anyone getting hurt. The right decision is the one that works.

20 or so years ago, I guarantee he would have been removed from the tree differently. Not the kind, friendly, way either.

Treat him like a cat. After a few hours of stand off set a hot burger on the ground and walk away. He'll be down in a jiffy.

Latest posts

Back