husqvarna flip gas and oil caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subieman406

Saw ID10T site lurker
Reaction score
Has anyone used this new Husqvarna flippy caps on their saw or have them come stock on their saws . how do they hold up and any better then the stihl caps.
and anyone muffler mod the 562 and did it free up some extra power or just make it louder thinking of doing it to my 562xp and what to know before I try

My 550xp has flippy caps. Yes they're better than Stihl's all it is is a standard screw in cap and the flippy part is just to hold onto.

I opened up the area under the deflector and it made a noticeable difference but if you don't want it too loud then leave the baffles inside alone.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

saw being to loud is not a problem for me. Nieghbors need to be awake by 830am on the weekend anyway its good for them. and we just got some replacement flippy caps in for stock and I havnt seen these caps till today I know they where out there just never seen them till today and thought I would inquire about them if they are any good or not this is good to know on them being better then stihls ones.

I've ran the new Husky flippy caps on a few saws (555, 455 AT & others). Definitely better than the Stihl caps. Like the other guy said. It's a standard threaded cap just with a flippy part to hold onto. No issues with leaking or working themselves loose.

good to know I think im going to throw a set on my 445 just for ***** and giggles we just started stocking the newer flip caps and I have had no personal or known anyone with them yet that has come back to the shop after purchase of a saw with them

My 550xp has flippy caps. Yes they're better than Stihl's all it is is a standard screw in cap and the flippy part is just to hold onto.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

Good to know... So I suppose they are interchangeable with the 550XP non-flippy caps (like mine has)?

They will not interchange wih a 346xp, one will not sure if it was the fuel or oil.

346 oil cap won't interchange, difference gasket type. Fuel cap will.

Figured it's better to ask here than make anew, despite the age of this thread.

Does the t525 take the 'common/ubiquitous' gas&oil caps from the 550xp? Basically, the only cap Husqy seems to even offer?

I'll update once I get them in-hand, but this is actually for my Echo cs2511T, saw someone who'd put T525 caps on his and they're still sealing / working well, I really wanna make the swap on my own but, hard to believe, there's NO t525 caps online (well, ONE chinese ebayer with a 3-pack....on Google.com!), I'd USUALLY presume this simply means "it's 'presumed that the 525 takes the regular caps" but I go looking at the "compatible models" lists and see dozens of models, conspicuously absent is the t525!!

The guy I saw with it, basically says "These are t525, but when you go to look for them get the 550xp ones that will be easier", well yeah the 525 caps seem to be discontinued (e-replacementparts.com has it listed as such, which is weird because they list the "usual/common" Husqy caps and dozens of compatibles, but not the 525, and no alternatives for it)

Will order as soon as I know it's gonna fit a 525, because I fear the guy I learned this from is assuming the 525 caps are interchangeable w/ 550xp caps and, in my searching, I do not think that's such a safe bet (am getting the feeling the 525 shares caps with a weed-whip or something :p )

Back