husqvarna fun filled facts... see pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbutcher80

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hey guys, well i finally got my old school husky model 61 .

i threw some 40:1 gas mix in it from my brothers 455 gas can . . . idled great!

anyways, i called the previous owner and he said i should use 50:1 mix instead. im sure hes right.

also , HERES THE SERIAL #

made in sweden . serial 1611 022655.. . what does this tell me? anything about what year is? i want a nice gray plastic top cover found on newer saws to shine her up a bit… anyone know what years or models will fit it?

also, what is the typical chain size ? 3/8? looking at going to a 18” length. its an oregon VJ blade now.

i wanna know a few things.

1. what top covers will fit this model 61 ?

2. i want a chain brake… any ideas on cross models? see pics

3. what year is this?

4. can i get any bar for it? i want to stick with under 20” bars, but wanted to know if i need any other stats.

5. i hope i put that chain deflector on correctly. when i got the saw, the bar was off of it. there was some type of chain deflector plate.. did i sandwich it between the bar and the outer case correctly? it doesnt fit the other way anyways, so i figured it was right.

thanks guys!!!

Chainsaw forum is several doors down!! maybe someone will move it for you!

LXT......

also , HERES THE SERIAL #

made in sweden . serial 1611 022655.. . what does this tell me? anything about what year is? i want a nice gray plastic top cover found on newer saws to shine her up a bit… anyone know what years or models will fit it?

It tells me that it is a very early one, from before the serial numbers started telling when the saw was made.

You can use any bar with the "large Husky" tail pattern (Oregon D009).

Last edited:
Chainbrakes from later 61 will fit, as will 266, 268, 272. Popular saws... if you keep your eyes open, you should have no trouble.

Back