husqvarna gas 262 and 261 the same

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithfix

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
can someone help me with my next little ( ok medium ) build? And the question is are the handle/tank the same on a husqvarna 262xp and the 261? picked up a running 262 that someone tried to jb weld the broken tank.

can someone help me with my next little ( ok medium ) build? And the question is are the handle/tank the
can someone help me with my next little ( ok medium ) build? And the question is are the handle/tank the same on a husqvarna 262xp and the 261? picked up a running 262 that someone tried to jb weld the broken tank.
also th
same on a husqvarna 262xp and the 261? picked up a running 262 that someone tried to jb weld the broken tank.
In a word yes.
Oh I like it when its simple as that. and how about the brake handle its broke, not missing and the band and spring is there just the top hand guard part. how do I find how that interchanges with what models ? thanks

254.257,261,262 use the same handle.
that's great! I picked this 262, no bar and chain, up at yard sale this summer for 15$ and it ran but leaked gas badly and kind of forgot about it but found a tank tonight for 30$ soooo game on Thanks for your help I might have more

Check the tank vent upper right hand side of the tank, under the case, in a hole, long black plastic tube. The white pill comes out and fuel pours out effusively, $3.10 for the vent at a husky dealer. Been there done that.

The differences between the 262xp and the 261 are the piston, muffler and clutch when both were made at the same time - but there may be other differences if they are not.

Husky publishes all the parts lists (IPL's) on their website. To avoid having to look through all of them, you can also go to some online Husky parts dealers and when you type in the part number from your IPL, they will list all models that the part is used on - very handy when trying to cross a part to another model. I can't mention the site I use here but it is one of the ones that often comes up at the top of a google search for a part number.

The 261 and the 262 use same handle. The 254 and 257 use the same handle. They are NOT the same, but both will work The 261 and 262 uses a heavy duty, steel spring type absorber (buffer) on front right. The 254 and 257 use a rubber absorber. Like i said both will fit, but you will have to have the right absorber .

The early 262xp saws had a slightly different tank/rear handle from the later ones and the 261 - but I don't think there is any fitment issues.

Latest posts

Back