husqvarna man wanting a stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffhunter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well here's my dilemma. ....... I've got the itch to run a ported 441 461 or 661. But the problem is I live in southern AZ and its had to come by. So I am going to buy one and have it ported. I think I talked myself outta the 661 because of the extra weight. I have 2 372/2171s so now I'm thinking no 441cm. Which brings me to the 461 and back to the 661. And I figure if I'm gonna go 1.4#s heavier for 6cc why not go a couple more and jump 20cc. What do you guys think?

Randy is working out the 661 right now. AFAIK his 661 project is waiting on a new cylinder so he can get the best results he can. Can't comment on saws as haven't used any of those. Mastermind 660 is good for me in big hardwood but 661 looks good so far. What are you cutting?

Randy is working out the 661 right now. AFAIK his 661 project is waiting on a new cylinder so he can get the best results he can. Can't comment on saws as haven't used any of those. Mastermind 660 is good for me in big hardwood but 661 looks good so far. What are you cutting?

Mainly white and black oak up to 30in with some pushing 40in. And a little big juniper once and a while in the 3 to 6ft range.

Well here's my dilemma. ....... I've got the itch to run a ported 441 461 or 661. But the problem is I live in southern AZ and its had to come by. So I am going to buy one and have it ported. I think I talked myself outta the 661 because of the extra weight. I have 2 372/2171s so now I'm thinking no 441cm. Which brings me to the 461 and back to the 661. And I figure if I'm gonna go 1.4#s heavier for 6cc why not go a couple more and jump 20cc. What do you guys think?

Why not go a couple of pounds more and go 120cc...why not go a couple pounds more and...

Stick with the 461. If you live in AZ and you buy a 661, you will have it up for sale soon.

I just got thru lookin around at a Stihl dealer. The 441 was right at a grand and the 461 a little over a grand. I just liked the 441 a little better. Both really nice saws though.

I just got thru lookin around at a Stihl dealer. The 441 was right at a grand and the 461 a little over a grand. I just liked the 441 a little better. Both really nice saws though.

Well my buddy runs the stihl dealership and between the 441cm and the 461 its about 60 70 bucks diff $835 for the 461 with a 32in bar like $20 cheaper for a 25in bar.

husqvarna man wanting a stihl

One word..... WHY?? o_O

I know I know. But sometimes you just get that urge..... just all this talk about how a well ported 441cm and 461 will out run a well ported 372..... so I gettin the itch but the only thing holdin me up is the extra 1#+ of weight.....

Flame me if you want but as far as I can tell husky has no competitor for the 461? It has comfortably more power than the 576 and the 390 is just a bigger saw so if you want a big/powerful 70cc saw you have to go stihl no?

Since you already have some of his saws I would talk to Randy first. I think he likes M-Tronic, which is not on the 461. Just my 2 cents, he (or someone with his level of knowledge) is who you should talk with.

I have or have had a 441 461 and 660 all ported by Randy. Buy the 461 you will not be disappointed. 441 = box with handle. 461 has 660 power in a lighter and better handling package. My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone guaranteeing nothing.

Latest posts

Back